F1 Weekend - primer for gouging rates

It seems that just about anything in Austin during the F1 Weekend has or is about to raise its rates for services. Hotel prices are sky high,even higher than SXSW week and ACL. I heard taxi's will somehow charge extra for trips to and from the race tracks. Even private security, limo and conceirege services have seriously up'd their rates for that weekend only. I understand that F1 brings in a caliber of enthusiasists and fans; mostly who can afford the $500 - $1,000 helicopter ride from downtown Austin to the track. So I'm curious, are providers going to do the samething that weekend?
Really? I may have to rent out my extra room in my apt!!!!
Ditto on that!!!
It's rich eurotrash. It's ok to screw them over.
City of Austin is relaxing some rules on short-term leases for F1 weekend and some folks are renting out their homes at $600 - $1000 per night - and people are paying for it
well if they are smart they would
Nothing beats the roaring overwhelming sound of the F1 car engines. The sound hits you like thunder. Nothing quite like it. Unfortunately, it's also quite expensive to witness. Most tickets I've found are over $300 for Austin. Uuugghh...and with a helicopter ride to boot?! Talk about my dream date!!!!

GO Sebastian Vettel!!!

Leslielane1@live.com
Laney1 - you're the woman of my dreams.
Yes, playing that weekend is going to require some creativity and/or luck. It will bee interesting.

peace and love,
Crystal
Im going I bought 10 tickets sold 4 and made a tidy profit! The rest for friends and family. I can't wait, Huge F1 Fan
I'm definitely a huge fan as well, especially with the rivalry between Vettel and Alonso. I, however, am too frugal to spend that kind of money. So while the race is taking place that weekend....

I will be at K1 Speed Austin (the new Indoor Go Kart race track) driving my little heart out!!! The poor mans Formula 1.

Leslielane1@live.com
P411: P102480
It's great that it's in Austin , but I won't be attending . I'm a huge Ferrari fan and since they've blown a 40 race lead , down to a 4 race lead , I'm a little butthurt !
I'm a Alonso fan, but with the way Red Bull and Vettel have overtaken Ferrari and Alonso in the previous 4 races may make it difficult to overcome the 13 point difference.

Gotta give it to Vettel, he has been on a tear since having to retire from the Italian Grand Prix.
After attending a few other races, I've decided they are better on TV. Although I've heard that the views at the Austin track are good from almost everywhere.

Is Schumacher racing here? He says he's retiring (again) at the end of this season.
he will be here for this race yes, racing for Mercades. However as you mentioned this appears to be his last year. Im a Ferrari Fan and clearly adore what Alonso has done this year. Amazing stuff from such a limited car.