Ahhhh , Not Being A Newb Is A Good Thing !

Well I've recently gone through a couple months of being a newb , and damn some people can really be dicks . What makes people so lame as to assume a low review and post count = newbie ? I figure half the newer handles I've encountered are not actually new. So why dismiss everything said as being the words of inexperience . One of the worst was a former SA mod ( total tool ) . I was amazed the way newbies are treated , been a while since I had experienced that . So try and be helpful to the newbs , they won't be new for long , once the addiction kicks in they'll rack up the experience too .
  • PeAcH
  • 11-19-2012, 06:35 PM
It's tough!

I know, for me, I'm not newbie friendly, and it's always difficult saying no in a good way to a person. There really is no nice way of being turned down. Text can be so emotionless too, so even a decline can be taken as hostile, even if it's meant to be the opposite.

Even in communities such as ECCIE and other boards, new people aren't always treated the best, but such is the nature of the internet, and boards.
Well I've recently gone through a couple months of being a newb , and damn some people can really be dicks . What makes people so lame as to assume a low review and post count = newbie ? I figure half the newer handles I've encountered are not actually new. So why dismiss everything said as being the words of inexperience . One of the worst was a former SA mod ( total tool ) . I was amazed the way newbies are treated , been a while since I had experienced that . So try and be helpful to the newbs , they won't be new for long , once the addiction kicks in they'll rack up the experience too . Originally Posted by rockerrick
Looks like you got some perspective there newb. I doubt anyone really thought of a posting HO as yourself as a newb, more like posting maniac. Now maybe you'll go a little easier on the newbs yourself.

I remember a time after tall.......................... .............................. ...
It's tough!

I know, for me, I'm not newbie friendly, and it's always difficult saying no in a good way to a person. There really is no nice way of being turned down. Text can be so emotionless too, so even a decline can be taken as hostile, even if it's meant to be the opposite.

Even in communities such as ECCIE and other boards, new people aren't always treated the best, but such is the nature of the internet, and boards.
Originally Posted by PeAcH
Luckily I wasn't a newb , and had lots of references and p411 so scheduling was never a problem .

Looks like you got some perspective there newb. I doubt anyone really thought of a posting HO as yourself as a newb, more like posting maniac. Now maybe you'll go a little easier on the newbs yourself.

I remember a time after tall.......................... .............................. ... Originally Posted by homer13
Yes , most in Austin knew I wasn't new but I do a lot in SA and Houston also . I can be tough on newbs and their comments , but have always been helpful with pointing them in the right direction . But some perspective , will probably give me more patience with them .
Luckily I wasn't a newb , and had lots of references and p411 so scheduling was never a problem .

Yes , most in Austin knew I wasn't new but I do a lot in SA and Houston also . I can be tough on newbs and their comments , but have always been helpful with pointing them in the right direction . But some perspective , will probably give me more patience with them . Originally Posted by rockerrick
Good to hear something came out of all that lunacy.
So..... WHICH personality are we dealing with now?
1 of 5 choice ? And they're all smartasses !
just so long as one of them is in green tights at the corporate event and 2 christmas parties....
Dude, newbies love me. And I love them. And their immediate addictions.
Wow, where to begin.

Let's start here. You have to have a thick skin. And I'm not saying that to be all superior, it's just something that has worked for me. When I can manage it. Not something that comes naturally to most people, least of all me. But something to work on.

And I'm a newb on eccie, been around on aspd, blah blah blah. We all have a certain amount of life experience. You do, too. So we start with that, and then we learn how to fit in with our community by communicating and experiencing, finding out what works and what doesn't.

It's not rocket science. It's far more complicated than that. So try to keep your expectations reasonable. And keep communicating.

Not everyone will like everything that we communicate. But when we communicate, we become part of the community. Sometimes slower or faster than others. Doesn't matter. Doesn't matter why.

Heck, you just did a great job of communicating, so now I'm talking way too much. That means you got me thinking.

That's because you were authentic, and most people try to pretend to be someone they are not. So when people are authentic, then you learn something. And it's new and novel. People crave novelty. Capitalize on that.
Wow, where to begin.

Let's start here. You have to have a thick skin. And I'm not saying that to be all superior, it's just something that has worked for me. When I can manage it. Not something that comes naturally to most people, least of all me. But something to work on.

And I'm a newb on eccie, been around on aspd, blah blah blah. We all have a certain amount of life experience. You do, too. So we start with that, and then we learn how to fit in with our community by communicating and experiencing, finding out what works and what doesn't.

It's not rocket science. It's far more complicated than that. So try to keep your expectations reasonable. And keep communicating.

Not everyone will like everything that we communicate. But when we communicate, we become part of the community. Sometimes slower or faster than others. Doesn't matter. Doesn't matter why.

Heck, you just did a great job of communicating, so now I'm talking way too much. That means you got me thinking.

That's because you were authentic, and most people try to pretend to be someone they are not. So when people are authentic, then you learn something. And it's new and novel. People crave novelty. Capitalize on that. Originally Posted by ozmosys

BRAVISSIMO!!!!!!!!

SHALL I STAND AND APPLAUD NOW?!?!?!?

I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!!!!

"golf clap"!
BRAVISSIMO!!!!!!!!

SHALL I STAND AND APPLAUD NOW?!?!?!?

I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!!!!

Originally Posted by Austintatious Lilly

Thanks, and I hope I didn't pass out too much bad advice. But it was from the heart.
just a fucking minute ... is this a newb or a poser? should really read deeper. I'm such a sap
I'm as a new as they come; 10 posts and one review but that's just on ECCIE. I've been a member of P411 for over year and was referred to this board by one of the ladies there. So far, so good.