Americans Solidly with the Democrats on the Budget Crisis

Headline:
Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

"Even half of the Republican respondents (51 percent) voiced disapproval of how members of their own party in Congress are handling the talks."

Poll Results
Republicans are the bank robbers and the Democrats are driving the get away car. You are correct, but not as you make it sound. Republicans and Democrats alike should be very upset with the way this has played out. Democrats should be just as pissed over this mess.
Look at the source don't put to much weight on this or you might fall through. Come on CBS news. I think we know which way they lean.

www.democrats.org/.../new_poll_71_percent_shun_gop_handling_of_debt_crisis
Solid? "More Americans disapprove than approve of how President Barack Obama is handling the negotiations with members of Congress about raising the debt ceiling, but Democrats and Republicans in Congress fare even worse."
The same Obamanomic rationale in which Obama claims 80% of Americans support tax increases to lower the debt!

The guy has so many lies floating around in his head he can't keep them straight. The lastest is his claim last week that "he will be turning 50 next week (i.e. the week of July 18th).." well, it turns out his birth certificate says otherwise......it identifies his birth date as August 4th, almost a month later !
the obvious is the obvious and the real is the real...

obama doesn't want to cut spending because he approves of it and he instigated the big run up...

the dems in congress...the left leaning ones...do too.

its that simple and obvious..if i believed in something..i'd state it and be proud of it...but obama can't come out with that because he knows the american people don't side with him there so its a series of slimy obfuscations and misdirections and mentions of nebulous out year cuts and no specifics and attacks on anything that is specific and talk of things like the corporate jet depreciation schedule which is laughable if that's his "serious leadership" proposal as to be sickening. I mean a President, chosen to lead this country in especially crucial times talks about a 300 million dollar a year at most tax writeoff which would take 5000 years to offset one year of obama's deficit? Thats leadership?

so the polls you may cite are one thing but i believe the "poll" of obama's lies show me where Americans really are, else why hid your true colors?
Obama lies so much, he can't even keep the basic "facts" of his birth correct !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wF_n-gn-Yo
Solid? "More Americans disapprove than approve of how President Barack Obama is handling the negotiations with members of Congress about raising the debt ceiling, but Democrats and Republicans in Congress fare even worse." Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Where are the A/D numbers in your chart for Republicans in Congress. Missing something there??!!!

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that when you linked the chart that the last line didn't come up. Right??!!! <guffaw! cough!! guffaw!>

So now that we've got ALL the real numbers, I take it you will agree that 1) the Republicans in Congress have the worst A/D ration of any participant in the events in question; and 2) that 23 percentage points fewer of the respondents disapproved of Obama than the Republicans in Congress; and 3) President Obama had the best ratings of any other participant in the entire process.

Do you agree?

Where are the A/D numbers in your chart for Republicans in Congress. Missing something there??!!!

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that when you linked the chart that the last line didn't come up. Right??!!! <guffaw! cough!! guffaw!>

So now that we've got ALL the real numbers, I take it you will agree that 1) the Republicans in Congress have the worst A/D ration of any participant in the events in question; and 2) that 23 percentage points fewer of the respondents disapproved of Obama than the Republicans in Congress; and 3) President Obama had the best ratings of any other participant in the entire process.

Do you agree?

Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Previously posted - just filling in the gaps - why repeat?
[/size]Previously posted - just filling in the gaps - why repeat? Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I B Hankering where I come from they call that BUSTED!!!! You are one deceptive little devil aren't you?
[/size]Previously posted - just filling in the gaps - why repeat? Originally Posted by I B Hankering
When you previously posted it, it didn't quite look the same. I guess I'll have to study it to see exactly what's different. Maybe everybody can study the two and see what's different.

Now let's go to the three questions I asked you in my post, that you conspicuously didn't answer.

I take it you will agree that

1) the Republicans in Congress have the worst A/D ration of any participant in the events in question;

2) that 23 percentage points fewer of the respondents disapproved of Obama than the Republicans in Congress; and

3) President Obama had the best ratings of any other participant in the entire process.

Do you agree?

Eagerly awaiting your reply.
  • Doove
  • 07-19-2011, 05:03 AM

1) the Republicans in Congress have the worst A/D ration of any participant in the events in question;

2) that 23 percentage points fewer of the respondents disapproved of Obama than the Republicans in Congress; and

3) President Obama had the best ratings of any other participant in the entire process.
Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Well, maybe according to the part of the poll that you posted. But that's clearly not what I B Hankering proved with the part of the poll that he posted.

Your bias is showing, TTH.
When you previously posted it, it didn't quite look the same. I guess I'll have to study it to see exactly what's different. Maybe everybody can study the two and see what's different. The OP left blanks that needed to be filled in to give a true appreciation of the poll.

Now let's go to the three questions I asked you in my post, that you conspicuously didn't answer.

1) the Republicans in Congress have the worst A/D ration of any participant in the events in question; According to this poll.

According to this poll 69% (maybe 73%) of Americans are not with Dimocrats; therefore, by no means are they "solidly" with the Dimocrats on the Budget Crisis as the OP posted.

According to this poll 52% (maybe 56%) of Americans are not with Obama; therefore, by no means are they "solidly" with the the Anointed One on the Budget Crisis as the OP posted.

Do you agree?
Perhaps in your world Thomas Jefferson's portrait is on both sides of the nickel, but in the real world, others do see a different picture.

Eagerly awaiting your reply. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Have a nice day.
I B Hankering where I come from they call that BUSTED!!!! You are one deceptive little devil aren't you?
Your post would be substantially more legitimate if it were addressed at the OP.

The numbers posted at #3 above were omitted from the OP's post at #1. Post #3 served to correct the OP's error. Post #1 and post #3 together provide the whole picture.

Furthermore, the post at #3 demonstrates that the OP's premise that 'Americans are "solidly" behind the Dimocrats' is completely illegitimate.
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Have a nice day.
  • Doove
  • 07-19-2011, 06:25 AM
The numbers posted at #3 above were omitted from the OP's post at #1. Post #3 served to correct the OP's error. Originally Posted by I B Hankering

Oh bull. The OP posted the headline of the article that he linked to with a very minor snippet from the article.

You, on the other hand, took a graphic, didn't link to where you got the graphic, and edited the graphic to cut out the part you didn't want people to see.

Post #1 and post #3 together provide the whole picture.
Oh please, if all you were doing was trying to "fill in the blanks", there'd have been no need to edit the graphic. The fact that you even took the time to do that.....

Furthermore, the post at #3 demonstrates that the OP's premise that 'Americans are "solidly" behind the Dimocrats' is completely illegitimate.
e a nice day.
Maybe, but post #1 and post #7 clearly blows to smithereens thread #255333 which claimed they were with the Republicans.
The Republicans are losing this debate.....2 schools of conservative thought......1) do the right thing and the people will eventually see that you are right and reward you at election time.....2) do the McConnell plan and blame Obama

my fear is that people love their free goodies and treats too much.....I lean toward doing the McConnell plan......since the R's only control the House, they don't have enough power to force what is RIGHT......do the Alinsky approach and back McConnell...........