Confederate flag was the flag of traitors

Interesting article.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/25/opinio...html?hpt=hp_c3

There are a lot of Tea Party members that are simply small government advocates. Many others are libertarians opposed to the security/police state. Still others are religious types who don't want gay marriage crammed down their throats.

But NOTHING undermines their legitimate causes and beliefs faster than when InBredHankering or one of his knuckle dragging cousins shows up at a TP rally and starts waving the Confederate Rag.
Fuck you........you are a first generation immigrant to our great country..............

What flag were your ancestors flying ?

I bet is has more dishonor in it's past than the Flag of the Confederacy.

===
Fuck you........you are a first generation immigrant to our great country..............

I bet is has more dishonor in it's past than the Flag of the Confederacy. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Yeah, so, I'm first generation. What about it?

I was born and raised HERE, the same as you. Do you really think you "trump" me as an American because your ancestors were here before mine, Whirlagay?

And, NO, my ancestors' flag does not have more dishonor than the Confederate Rag.

First, the Irish did not even have their own flag until the Irish Free State came about in 1922. Before that, they were a British possession and were stuck under the Union Jack, which, to put it mildly, was NOT their flag.

And since the Irish Republic became independent, NO they haven't done anything to merit the dishonor of the slave-based Confederacy.

Idiot.

FYI, here is the Irish flag:

For the record, I don't regard the Irish flag as MY flag. So, I don't even know why we are having this conversation.

The Stars and Stripes are my flag.

One other thing: Congratulations on the fantastic logic of your argument - which is basically, "We may be bad, but I bet your people are worse". Yeah, that's a winner.

I bet is has more dishonor in it's past than the Flag of the Confederacy. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Your idiotic drivel above did get me thinking though.

Exactly WHAT would a country have to do to be MORE dishonorable than the Confederacy - a nation established for the express purpose of ensuring the existence of human slavery.

OK, I will agree that Nazi Germany was worse. It existed for the purpose of committing genocide.

But, after that, what is worse?

Not the Soviet Union or Red China. It might have sucked to live under a lousy economic system enforced by totalitarians, but that is far better than chattel slavery.

Perhaps knuckle-dragging Confederate sympathizers don't agree with that, but that is because slavery (for blacks) wouldn't affect them. but put yourself in the place of a black person. You are robbed of everything you have by the person who owns you. Your master can whip you, hang you, burn you, sell your wife, sell your children, and even kill you with no repercussions. The law is on HIS side.

That was the Confederacy. That is FAR worse then living under communism - unless you are white, of course.
How long before the first idiot chimes in that the civil war and secession wasn't about slavery?

5-4-3-2......come on now......
How long before the first idiot chimes in that the civil war and secession wasn't about slavery?

5-4-3-2......come on now...... Originally Posted by timpage
It may not happen as quickly as usually.

It's a Friday night. So, IBHankering is getting his fudge packed by his favorite trannies.

But in a couple of hours, when he is full, he will weigh in.
  • Old-T
  • 10-25-2013, 05:11 PM
I suspect someone will do just that. And they may well come up with one or two other governments that might have ben worse. The issue shouldn't be, "Were they the WORST government in the last 10,000 years, or only the 5th worst?"

They stood for slavery, lynchings, subverting the majority rule when they realized that the majority of US citizens would inevitably turn against slavery, and they spent another century+ AFTER they lost the civil war trying to find every way possible to subvert emancipation. Yes, that sounds like some fine upstanding principles to build a country on.

The closest I can think of would be apartheid South Africa. But then I am willing to bet a lot of the wackos on here thought that was a fine way to run a country too--and for the same reason.
It wasn't slavery they were just hiring illegals to harvest their crops..LOL
HERITAGE NOT HATE

• Old-T
  • 10-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Fuck you........you are a first generation immigrant to our great country.............. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
How many generations has your lineage been here, hatemonger?

If the answer is less than 300 or so, then you haven't earned the right to compare longevity here. Take your bigoted self back wherever your ancestors were thrown out from.

• Old-T
  • 10-25-2013, 05:25 PM
IFF,

The sad part is you probably think that is a song to be proud of. The unofficial anthem of Bubbaism at it's most basic. Redneck. Simpleton. The highest ambition is either warm whiskey or a can of bad beer. Gag!
The sad part is you probably think that is a song to be proud of. The unofficial anthem of Bubbaism at it's most basic. Redneck. Simpleton. The highest ambition is either warm whiskey or a can of bad beer. Originally Posted by Old-T
Or fucking a teenaged cousin.
Life's Good!... this song was written for you two...LOL

5-4-3-2......come on now...... Originally Posted by timpage
Me! Me! Me! Mr. Kotter! Me!

I'm not going to be active enough for some of you on this thread, but have at it. Light me up. I'm an educated northern white boy who grew up in a small town. I was probably a teen before I saw a black person in real life. Lots of bigots there. I don't condone that, or slavery, nor do I maintain the civil war and succession wasn't largely motivated by slavery.

However, I believe that our nation has lost something as our states have lost powers to the increasingly powerful federal government. I believe some of that loss of power relates to the confederacy and, as such, that flag has some symbolic worth not related to the beating of darker skinned humans.

Without wishing to shackle and torture a mulatto, I also find the flag attractive aesthetically.

Have your fun, I'll do my best to keep the corn poppin'.