GUN OWNERSHIP SOARS = MURDER RATES HALVED !

A Congressional Research Service (CRS) report shows that while gun ownership climbed from 192 million firearms in 1994 to 310 million firearms in 2009, crime fell—and fell sharply.

According to the report, the "firearm-related murder and non-negligent homicide" rate was 6.6 per 100,000 Americans in 1993. Following the exponential growth in the number of guns, that rate fell to 3.6 per 100,000 in 2000.

This rate rose from 2004 to 2005 and got as high as 3.9 in 2006 and 2007, but it then resumed falling in 2008, the year the Supreme Court ruled in District of Columbia v. Heller that individual firearm possession is Constitutionally protected—particularly for self-defense. This figure fell to 3.2 per 100,000 by 2011.

In other words, as the number of firearms almost doubled over a nearly 20-year period, the "firearm-related murder and non-negligent homicide" rate was more than halved.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...uns-Less-Crime
  • BJerk
  • 12-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Correlation without causation
More people buying firearms or the same people buying more firearms?
SNICK!

(Then he'll post something else about the crime in Chicago. Or justify Sandy Hook. Or make excuses for Fort Hood.)
  • CJ7
  • 12-04-2013, 04:16 PM
More people buying firearms or the same people buying more firearms? Originally Posted by i'va biggen

I haven't shot anybody all week, no purchase necessary
In Chicago it is always Miller time.
It is 5;00 somewhere.
SNICK!

(Then he'll post something else about the crime in Chicago. Or justify Sandy Hook. Or make excuses for Fort Hood.) Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yep! I want you free loving libtards to take a walk on the south or west side of ChiTown. Just take a walk, walk your dog, meet the people, whatever. I'm sure they won't hurt you! Go ahead and take a chance! Any takers? Bert, Assup, anyone??
A Congressional Research Service (CRS) report shows that while gun ownership climbed from 192 million firearms in 1994 to 310 million firearms in 2009, crime fell—and fell sharply.

According to the report, the "firearm-related murder and non-negligent homicide" rate was 6.6 per 100,000 Americans in 1993. Following the exponential growth in the number of guns, that rate fell to 3.6 per 100,000 in 2000.

This rate rose from 2004 to 2005 and got as high as 3.9 in 2006 and 2007, but it then resumed falling in 2008, the year the Supreme Court ruled in District of Columbia v. Heller that individual firearm possession is Constitutionally protected—particularly for self-defense. This figure fell to 3.2 per 100,000 by 2011.

In other words, as the number of firearms almost doubled over a nearly 20-year period, the "firearm-related murder and non-negligent homicide" rate was more than halved.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...uns-Less-Crime Originally Posted by Whirlaway
I guess it depends on which source of information you choose to believe:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/11/has-the-rate-of-gun-ownership-in-american-homes-really-decreased-this-dramatically/

Also, as this article points out, the more guns the more homicides:

http://www.bu.edu/news/2013/09/13/new-research-shows-link-between-rates-of-gun-ownership-and-homicides/
I'm truly amazed how many Texans on here are complete idiots. I thought you guys were the "rebels" toting guns and wanting to secede from the union. Hell, you all should move to Cali or NY, you'd fit right in.
  • BJerk
  • 12-05-2013, 08:55 AM
I'm truly amazed how many Texans on here are complete idiots. I thought you guys were the "rebels" toting guns and wanting to secede from the union. Hell, you all should move to Cali or NY, you'd fit right in. Originally Posted by ramblinman69
We are trying to transform Texas into California!!!
JJ has it all figured out...

JJ has it all figured out...

Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Ha! Absolutely ridiculous. What did he say again?
Ha! Absolutely ridiculous. What did he say again? Originally Posted by ramblinman69
Fuck up California so bad it is near default and you want to turn Texas into California, typical libtard logic.