Washington Post Report.....We Don’t Know What The Fuck We Are Doing In Afghanistan.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/09/polit...ion/index.html

Afghanistan was a shit hole 500 years ago, it is a shit hole now, and will be a shit hole in the future.

Most people don’t even know why we went there to begin with, much less why we are over there now.

It’s a 10 century shit hole filled with a bunch of radical Muslims. Why does one more young American have to die tryin to change that?
Maybe because Putin is still rubbed raw because they kicked his arse and now wants Trump to avenge him?

Seriously ... you are right, Jackie. But the US loves their wars, eh?
Afghanistan should be bombed into a parking lot and given to russia.
  • WTF
  • 12-10-2019, 12:33 PM
I'll tell you the real reason we went to Iraq and stayed in Afganistan....OIL

• oeb11
  • 12-10-2019, 02:00 PM
Afghans kicked out the Brits, the Russians, and the only thing the Adfghans like better than killing each other is killing outsiders.

We went there for Bin Laden - he is dead.

Afghanistan is not worth one more American life, not even one American Dollar.
We should be the hell out of there - Trump's instinct is correct.
Hold on there, Captain Americard!

Wasn't Bin Laden killed in Pakistan? Maybe yous got your infos wrong.
  • oeb11
  • 12-10-2019, 02:05 PM
YR - knoweth not the history - and I hope you are condemned to repeat it.
this thread should be re-titled "pentagon papers II"

the military was lying about what was going on over there. I never thought the war was fought properly over there.

the problem was apparently the brass loaded up a bunch of wish list of missions (that made a bunch of people happy) that got bifurcated over time and no one knew what was the mission. so you ended up having to fight a war without trying to win it.

stick with one mission, the other stuff can wait. they didn't do that.

they didn't address the issue of corruption. it got worse over time. especially we're tossing aid dollars like candy.
I'll tell you the real reason we went to Iraq and stayed in Afganistan....OIL

. Originally Posted by WTF
The technology we have gained in oil recovery, (fracking), since we entered that war has allowed us to become energy independent.
The technology we have gained in oil recovery, (fracking), since we entered that war has allowed us to become energy independent. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Yes, that's put us in a much more solid and unique position than we had before. However, strategically we should be hoarding our reserves and using up the world's stockpile(if price and availability are there) where we can. I'm not convinced the new technology has provided an unlimited supply.
Deep state and money ,,, Tillions on Afghanistan ,,,, 1984 Orwell would be proud ""endless wars""""
  • WTF
  • 12-11-2019, 01:43 PM
The technology we have gained in oil recovery, (fracking), since we entered that war has allowed us to become energy independent. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Yes and I doubt we would have invade Iraq or stayed in Afganistan had we had that knowledge beforehand.

Many on this very board or on asps argued that was NOT the reason we invaded Iraq. Fools.
  • WTF
  • 12-11-2019, 01:44 PM
Yes, that's put us in a much more solid and unique position than we had before. However, strategically we should be hoarding our reserves and using up the world's stockpile(if price and availability are there) where we can. I'm not convinced the new technology has provided an unlimited supply. Originally Posted by eccielover
Maybe because Putin is still rubbed raw because they kicked his arse and now wants Trump to avenge him?

Seriously ... you are right, Jackie. But the US loves their wars, eh? Originally Posted by HoeHummer

But Obama wasn't trying to "avenge" Putin for 8 years but Trump is? TDS at it's best.
Hold on there, Captain Americard!

Wasn't Bin Laden killed in Pakistan? Maybe yous got your infos wrong. Originally Posted by HoeHummer(Assup)
you get dumber with each post