Chiefs 2011 Schedule

If there IS a next year in the NFL, the Chiefs will have one of the toughest schedules. Here is their list of opponents:

Home
AFC West - Denver, Oakland, San Diego
AFC East - Buffalo, Miami
NFC North - Green Bay, Minnesota
AFC North Division Winner - Pittsburgh

Away
AFC West - Denver, Oakland, San Diego
AFC East - New England, New York Jets
NFC North - Chicago, Detroit
AFC South Division Winner - Indianapolis

KC plays 3 division winners away (New England, Chicago, Indianapolis) and only one at home (Pittsburgh).
Wow 10 wins next year will be great.
I think the Chiefs will have a better team but possible a worse record.It's the NFL so you never know but they had better win five in the division if they are to make the playoffs next year.
Their schedule looks pretty tough now, but things change rapidly in the NFL. A team that was very good this year may stink next year. Back in August I had the Tennessee game down as an almost certain loss, the Arizona, San Francisco, and Seattle games as 50-50 at best, and the St. Louis game as an easy victory. It didn't quite work out that way, did it?
There will probably be a small step backwards record wise because of the caliber of teams they will be playing, I would not be suprized to see and 8 and 8 or 9 and 7 season. But this type oif schedule is needed to get them to the next level competition wise.
9-7, 10-6 is still possible next year if they correct some of this years mistakes. A couple of stops against the Texans, Colts (and a dropped td pass) and a drop in the first raiders game and a punt return td called back, that would have allowed them to run out the clock, and you're looking at 13-3 and they would have had a bye on Sunday. Then again, take away a well timed time out against buffalo, a kickoff return in the first SD game, and they could have been 8-8. Fortunes can change so quickly in the NFL. 10-6 next year will be much improved over 10-6 this year.