LaQuinta payment options

I stayed at a LaQuinta a year or two ago when the ac in my house decided to die over labor day weekend, and I believe they accepted cash as payment option instead of a card. Anybody know if that is standard procedure for all LaQuintas? Thanks!
not usually, incase of damages, or items taken from the room; They have your CC number to charge to it.
There are some hotels that accept cash.
Call the particular hotel you're thinking of and ask.

I did a search and the phrase "Photo identification and credit card OR CASH DEPOSIT are required at check in for incidentals," kept cropping up on La Quinta pages. (for example: http://www.hotels.com/ho109064/la-qu...united-states/)

A few years ago I booked a hotel on Hotwire using a prepaid nameless card. When I went to check in they asked for a credit card for incidentals. I hadn't brought the right billfold so didn't have one so they asked if I could put down $100 cash which they refunded to me when I checked out. It's not exactly the same as what you're asking, but it is an example of a hotel not having a credit card number for a guest.
With one exception in the, literally, hundreds+ of times that I've used high-end hotels, no one has required a credit card. And the one time that it did happen it was the Sir Frances Drake in San Francisco and they were snotty anyway, and really shouldn't have been.

At any rate, even at The Renaissance Mayflower in DC and some delightful places like that, cash is just fine. In Dallas, I've NEVER had a problem leaving cash as a deposit on the room, or even paying for the room in cash.

This includes 4 star properties. People just don't ask and sometimes hotel clerks will look at you a little funny. A few weeks ago at The Hotel Intercontinental in the Houston Galleria area, they accepted a cash deposit but didn't unlock the mini bar. That was fine by me! A day earlier, at The Hotel Derek, they accepted a cash deposit and didn't even blink.

Cash is still king, JaySher.

Including all LaQuintas.

Hugs,
Elisabeth
I have never ever had a problem paying cash, anywhere. It's been years since I was at a La Quinta, but back then they took cash because that is all I had in those days. Typically if they require a CC for incidentals, it's cheaper that what they charge you if you leave cash with them at the front desk. Typically it's $50 to cover things if you use a CC, but if you ask to cover your incidentals with cash it's $200...usually.

I have never had a problem paying with cash and hotels are my home away from home.
Thanks!
I have never ever had a problem paying cash, anywhere. It's been years since I was at a La Quinta, but back then they took cash because that is all I had in those days. Typically if they require a CC for incidentals, it's cheaper that what they charge you if you leave cash with them at the front desk. Typically it's $50 to cover things if you use a CC, but if you ask to cover your incidentals with cash it's $200...usually.

I have never had a problem paying with cash and hotels are my home away from home. Originally Posted by Dannie
The amounts vary widely. Generally, I'm asked for about a $50 deposit but it has been as high as $250, but that was just at a Sheraton and they said that it was a new policy that they had. A $100 usually does just fine and there are a few properties that don't even ask for anything.

Believe it or not!

Good topic, btw!

Hugs,
Elisabeth
Stayed at the Mansion on Turtle Creek back in 2002 and the bill was over $900 for the weekend with a beautiful lady that I flew in from Vancouver for the weekend. Cash was fine with them.
  • Jaleh
  • 09-06-2010, 12:34 PM
I think most hotels accept cash but may want a CC to hold the reservation or try calling the hotel and making a reservation since they are not a 4 star hotel or higher they may not require this and you may be able to just make a reservation, henced your problem solved!

If you have a CC but just want to pay cash try Priceline you can hold the room with your CC and pay with cash when you arrive.. Just more options
I thinck with the economy tanking and more people shutting down their credit cards cash is making a comeback. Hotels, restaurants, car dealers, etc are seeing more cash transactions.