Need help with my smart phone.

I have a samsung galaxy s2. I've shot some videos in hidef but I have no idea how to get them off my phone. I'm not a techie, my skills are adequate at best.
Any ideas?
Attache them as files to an email and email it to yourself
If your smartphone is smarter than you, get a dumber phone...
The file is to large to send as an attachment.
And if it's smarter than me it should be able to do what I want it to hassle-free.
Lol! Plug it into your computer's usb connection, then move the file from your phone(which should show up as a drive) to your computer.

My 8yr old cousin does it all the time.
Lol! Plug it into your computer's usb connection, then move the file from your phone(which should show up as a drive) to your computer. Originally Posted by Sweet Discretion
This.
I have a samsung galaxy s2. I've shot some videos in hidef but I have no idea how to get them off my phone. Originally Posted by Out_of_Bounds
You should be able to use your "power cord" with the USB plug into your computer USB plug, then using the "Computer" icon open up the window folders and look for you phone, which will then act like a disk storage linked to your computer. Open up the phone "folder" and look for your video folder .. open it up ... and then you can click and drag with your mouse the video files over to the place on your computer where you want them to be to open them and play (which you can create yourself). Do not erase the video on your phone until you are sure you have a good copy or copies. Once confirmed then erase on your phone to free up that space, which is a bunch for video.
Well, now that you know how to do it....when are we going to see those videos?
I'll try that method. But only a limited amount of people will be viewing it I'm story to say.
And I will seek the ladies permission first.
I was with someone with one of them "smart" phones this past weekend. Every time I wanted to know something, it did not have the answer.
I told them they must have gotten the "retard" model cuz that phone was dumber than dirt.
You can also upload the videos to youtube and mark them as private, but phones usually require you to be connected to wifi
Thank you for the suggestions. I'm just not into this crap. But I guess it's good to learn when you do need it.
OOB- plugging the USB charge cable into the phone and then into your PC should allow you to MAP the phone's memory card as a drive (think thumb drive) HOWEVER..... Droid phones can set the USB port to be power only, drive only, sync and power (drive auto mapped) or sync only. there are some choices on the phone that can tell the behavior of the USB port and what it will do...

Worst case is you have to remove the Micro SD card from phone (remove back and its about 1/3 the size of your standard sized stamp) then use a micro-sd card adapter to plug it into a card reader (unless card reader will see micro SD) or USB port....
  • rwksl
  • 06-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Programs like Dropbox are another good option.
OOB- plugging the USB charge cable into the phone and then into your PC should allow you to MAP the phone's memory card as a drive (think thumb drive) HOWEVER..... Droid phones can set the USB port to be power only, drive only, sync and power (drive auto mapped) or sync only. there are some choices on the phone that can tell the behavior of the USB port and what it will do...

Worst case is you have to remove the Micro SD card from phone (remove back and its about 1/3 the size of your standard sized stamp) then use a micro-sd card adapter to plug it into a card reader (unless card reader will see micro SD) or USB port.... Originally Posted by Spirit13
If the option does come up - choose Drive Only for the computer and it will find it.