Happy Nblew Year To All Posters In This Forum

Senate.......53 Red, 47 Blue.

Nobody gives a shit about the House.

Nobody gives a shit about the House. Originally Posted by Jackie S
All roads lead to the senate

Nobody gives a shit about the House. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Please you're just butthurt. Pelosi is 3rd in line from the Presidency...let's hope Trump and Pence both choke on Pretzels.
Please you're just butthurt. Pelosi is 3rd in line from the Presidency...let's hope Trump and Pence both choke on Pretzels. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Now that is a genuine horrifying thought.
Please you're just butthurt. Pelosi is 3rd in line from the Presidency...let's hope Trump and Pence both choke on Pretzels. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Certainly not a concern. It's never happened before that the Speaker became POTUS. Someone is watching too many Hollyweird disaster scenarios.

Or just randomly wishing.
Certainly not a concern. It's never happened before that the Speaker became POTUS. Someone is watching too many Hollyweird disaster scenarios.

Or just randomly wishing. Originally Posted by eccielover

actually, you're wrong.

President Gerald Ford was Speaker of the House when Nixon resigned. Nixon's VP Spiro Agnew had already resigned and did not have a VP during that period.
actually, you're wrong.

President Gerald Ford was Speaker of the House when Nixon resigned. Nixon's VP Spiro Agnew had already resigned and did not have a VP during that period. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Not quite how it happened. Ford was nominated to VP and confirmed in late 1973 and ascended to POTUS with Nixons resignation in August 1974.

So a Speaker has never immediately ascended to the POTUS position.

In today's world that would be like Pence resigning and Trump appointing a replacement, which obviously wouldn't be Pelosi.

So I stand my statement that there is no major concern based on precedent alone.
Not quite how it happened. Ford was nominated to VP and confirmed in late 1973 and ascended to POTUS with Nixons resignation in August 1974.

In today's world that would be like Pence resigning and Trump appointing a replacement, which obviously wouldn't be Pelosi.

So I stand my statement that there is no major concern based on precedent alone. Originally Posted by eccielover
Keep Trump and Pence out of Pittsburg. That's a violent city since he became President. Lot of random killings by Trump nut cases, They might turn on him
Keep Trump and Pence out of Pittsburg. That's a violent city since he became President. Lot of random killings by Trump nut cases, They might turn on him Originally Posted by themystic
He should head to Chicago...peace and quite!!
  • oeb11
  • 01-06-2019, 09:44 AM
SC - A new avatar. I still think Michael Avenatti was perfect!
She must have on a pound of pancake makeup and sutures to make her mouth smile in the photo

So I stand my statement that there is no major concern based on precedent alone. Originally Posted by eccielover

looks like I was wrong about what position Ford was in. Ford was Minority Leader, not Speaker.

so you are correct that no speaker has ever become president.