How long did you wait before you started the hobby?

this question is for hobbyist/providers alike i waited 2 years i wanted to safe and so on .
I started on backpage but a friend told me about eccie..I'm glad she did it's been fun!! Safer and easier!
I suspect most hobbiests are former players of some type or for some reason, who got too old to play in the big leagues...so now we pay. I actually find it better than making someone feel like "the other woman". I guess I waited about 48 years or so.
I'm young flyboy i'm getting to my 30's this year i knew about the hobby way before that it took me awhile to dive in so to say ... but once i did it's great man
i was nervous i was afraid no lying here man it just took me awhile to see how it worked is all . i have learned alot from providers/hobbyist over a years time.
My first time with a provider was 1980,when a relative who lived in reno nv.took me to the mustang ranch on the banks of the Truckee river just east of town.but the internet hobby only a few years.
It took me 59 years to get here. Never needed it before but menopause killed it at home and it was not coming back. I've been here two years plus now after spending several months lurking and figuring out how things work. Zero regrets.
I wish I had known about the hobby while I was, working and didn't need the blue pill. I did cam to cam via yahoo messenger. Lots of Cummings but not close to actually filling a cover inside one of our delicious providers.
waited way way way too long.
had no idea how to make contact before the internets. though didnt really think about till recently (meaning like 5 years).
started with strip club times, and still like the vibe sometimes.
dancer/providers got me hooked on the joy of flesh on flesh again.
silly to have let that all go for 20+ years
I found Eccie about 5 yrs ago. Lurked for 5 or 6 months until I had my first meeting which went just so-so but it was because of me not the provider. About a week or 2 later the lady I had seen got busted and it absolutely scared the fuck out of me. I just knew in my mind that she turn on her clients, there was an electronic trail leading straight to me, phone records would be searched or what ever else my paranoid mind could dream up. Scared me away of seeing anyone for a couple of years even though in a couple of months I did start visiting this website and 411 again. This time it was to not only learn how to play in hobby land, but play safe. The ladies I have seen during my return have been exceptional. Even though health issues has taken it's toll on me I have always been treated with respect at least to my face. Just like "watchoutthegameisrigged" said,, I will most likely never have in my real life any sort of sex life, but I can still find this in the hobby, even if it is for just a short time every once in a while. And I know without a doubt that I'm no catch, I'm not Tall, Dark and Handsome, I'm not that bad boy with a body like the Rock, and I'm not hung like the famous John Holmes that can last for hours. I'm just a clumsy, slightly overweight guy that likes to hear that he is still somewhat desirable, Fake or not I think all guys like to hear at least some of it.
  • mwise
  • 04-06-2015, 06:50 AM
Do you mean how old was I or how long did I wait till I got tired of doing everything on my SO's terms?

About 38 when I started, with SO 10+ years before I started. Eased in with AMP's (not here) and then eventually tried BP, never FS and I was very cautious. Eventually found ECCIE, based on recommendations joined P411, never looked back.
Much too long. I wish I would've discovered the hobby prior to my second marriage, because it would've never happened. Lol! It really is the best of both worlds!
  • saver
  • 04-06-2015, 12:16 PM
Actually I start hobby long time ago... I was 23 and I was a vendor for Night Clubs in country where this hobby is legal.......:-) I have a special relationship whit those girls bc I wasn't pimp and I wasn't a client.... Supplying this clubs around 5 am and many time I was invited for after work party...:-)
Oh man.......... nice memories....
I am in my mid 30's started when I was 25 or so. Travel a lot for work and I don't care for bar flies or last Call hookups. This was back when CL was the major advertiser. I much prefer sites like ECCIE. I have chosen to dedicate my time and energy to my profession, so my romantic interests quickly fizzle out when they realize I am not looking for a wifey or to put a ring on it.
Mid 40s,when it got to where i couldnt dazzle the lil hotties anymore