AdChoices The Hill Pelosi: Sexual harassment allegations against Cuomo 'credible'

• oeb11
  • 03-01-2021, 09:16 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...FTY?li=BBnb7Kz
Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Monday called the sexual harassment allegations levied against New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) "credible" and backed an independent investigation into his behavior.

In a statement, Pelosi said the two women who have accused Cuomo of harassment and inappropriate behavior should be taken seriously.
"The women who have come forward with serious and credible charges against Gov. Cuomo deserve to be heard and to be treated with dignity. The independent investigation must have due process and respect for everyone involved," Pelosi said in a statement.
Cuomo has been accused by two former staffers of using language that made them uncomfortable and hinted at a desire for a sexual relationship. One of the accusers said Cuomo kissed her without consent.
Pelosi joins several members of Cuomo's home-state delegation who called for an investigation over the weekend.
"These allegations are serious and deeply concerning," Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) said Sunday. Reps. Mondaire Jones (D-N.Y.) and Nydia Velazquez (D-N.Y.) both called for investigations into Cuomo's behavior.
"For too long, women have been belittled into shame and silence by powerful men," Velazquez said on Twitter on Sunday. "If we don't move the needle, we are subjecting another generation of women to the same abuse."
"Sexual misconduct has no place anywhere, especially among our leaders or in our government. As a people, we have failed far too often to hear the victims of these abuses or hold powerful perpetrators accountable," Rep. Paul Tonko (D-N.Y.) said in a statement. "I do believe that we must honor our commitments to due process, and so it is my most fervent hope that this matter will be fully reviewed, the participants heard and respected, and that the truth will be brought to light whatever it may be."
New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) said Sunday she was launching an inquiry, and that her office would hire a law firm to oversee the investigation. James said the inquiry would give investigators subpoena power.
In his own statement Sunday, Cuomo denied inappropriately touching anyone but acknowledged his "interactions may have been insensitive or too personal and that some of my comments, given my position, made others feel in ways I never intended."
His office in a separate statement said it would "voluntarily cooperate fully" with the investigation.

DPST/ccp marxists are throwing One of their Own under the buss and off teh 'party wagon''.

LOL
Love to see the DPST marxists eating their Own!!!!
  • oeb11
  • 03-01-2021, 09:49 AM
i wonder how many DPST/ccpers will complain about the 'ad choices' articles of 'The Hill"?????