How To Update Account?

Hey all,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I can't find this info anywhere and the mods are responding to my messages.

Where can you update account info, like associated email, etc? Thanks for any help.
Click on the upper right where is says Private Messages, that takes you to your inbox but also you'll see all of your account options on the left of that screen.
Thanks! Hidden in plain sight!
On a related note, how do I(or can I) delete all my previous posts without deleting my account? Just have too much bad BS out there.lol. Thx
You cannot. You cannot delete your account. Just disable or guest it. And posts are almost never deleted. Once posted, it stays
Can you change your handle but stay on the same account?
You have to request it from the mods with a "legitimate" reason for updating it.
And all your posts are tied to your account. Even if you change your handle, the posts will show up under the new handle.
Hmmm...any software updates coming this decade, owners/mod? What's the logic behind no one can ever delete their own post(s). I mean this aint China, right? Lol

This whole Ashley Mad thing has a lot t of us on edge, not that any of us are on there god forbid,but many of the members here would like to shall we say, shrink our Eccie footprints. We think it would be a good thing for Eccie to write some code to make that an option. Thanks...and please hurry.
  • Ashi
  • 08-23-2015, 09:16 PM
+1. In this day and age of privacy concerns, this is a valid request, I think. I support your point ftango !
Well It has been a hot topic over here at the SMU computer engineering lab. Our sense is that the owners of eccie dont want to pay for the code writing required,or they just dont give a shit.
Have you given any thought to the abuse this would cause? Or the havoc to threads if someone removed their posts? One of the best screening toots is to see what people post. Its the internet. Nothing goes away once its on the internet.
This whole Ashley Mad thing has a lot t of us on edge, not that any of us are on there god forbid,but many of the members here would like to shall we say, shrink our Eccie footprints. We think it would be a good thing for Eccie to write some code to make that an option. Thanks...and please hurry. Originally Posted by ftango4
Unless you are married and/or using a work computer that if caught, you would be in a world of hurt in RL, then you have virtually nothing to worry about if this site is hacked and the hackers share that info/IP addresses. Everyone on here has a nickname, but if you use your real name, it is your fault for being stupid. I am pretty sure those married guys that have an account on AM probably have given at least some RW info and so divorce court will be filling up faster than usual. Plus, if you look at the torrents, you might even recognize guys you know in the RW!

Have you given any thought to the abuse this would cause? Or the havoc to threads if someone removed their posts? One of the best screening toots is to see what people post. Its the internet. Nothing goes away once its on the internet. Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
While that is true, it is impossible to do as it relates to posting on Eccie when one keeps his Eccie account separate from his p411 account and the provider cannot tie the two together, especially since he does not review.
Screening applies to both sides, not just guys or providers. And posting helps everyone know who to trust and who's a douche bag. I am sure some would love to be able to undo the posts that got them in trouble or even banned.

Someone could hack this site, and it has happened before, without any wide spread problems.
Screening applies to both sides, not just guys or providers. And posting helps everyone know who to trust and who's a douche bag. I am sure some would love to be able to undo the posts that got them in trouble or even banned.

Someone could hack this site, and it has happened before, without any wide spread problems. Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
You just said the same thing again, LOL! So, I will say the same thing......So how does a provider screen a hobbyist by his posts on Eccie when a hobbyist keeps his p411 and Eccie accounts separate? That leaves way for him to be a douche bag to others on Eccie and someone a provider trusts on his p411, especially when he does not review so that the provider has no way to link the two accounts. Therefore, she is not really fully screening him and his two personalities, even tho she may think she is with the info he provides, but he is being deceptive, right?