Football

Did any of you watch the football between Spain and Italy? Wonderful stuff, a match which you will see once in your lifetime, total football, total respect, total attack, total athletes.
  • CJ7
  • 07-02-2012, 04:25 PM
youre in Texas now

soccer isnt football and football isnt soccer

youre in Texas now

soccer isnt football and football isnt soccer

Originally Posted by CJ7
My kids abuse me if I call it anything other than football, they look at me more funny than normal, so I will call it football. Soccer is the name given to it by a small outcoast of north america.

I don't want to get diverted, it really was a great game, but baseball is called rounders, it is a game for girls, American so-called football is for pansies with all the padding.

Rugby football is called rugby or rugger. Not to be confused with bugger.
  • CJ7
  • 07-02-2012, 04:45 PM
lol ... ok.

but I dare you to walk up to Ray Lewis and call him a pad wearing pansie.
lol ... ok.

but I dare you to walk up to Ray Lewis and call him a pad wearing pansie. Originally Posted by CJ7
No, I will do a wakeup and call him an obese pad wearing pansie.

Seriously, anybody see the game? If you want to know why it is called the beautiful game, watch it.
  • CJ7
  • 07-02-2012, 05:05 PM
oh, ok. lol

chances are not too many saw the game, international soccer isnt the game of choice on this side of the big lake.

glad you liked and enjoyed it
That may change. I see a lot of football (what you mistakenly call soccer) games being played in Memorial park, Houston, and my gf's goddaughter was keen on a soccer camp for the summer.

My point was simply that the Spain/Italy game was exceptional, and if you only ever watch one game in your life, watch that one. Although I don't know how you can watch it.
I didn't watch it. I played soccer in high school and NAIA (small college) level. Fun to play, boring to watch. It'll never catch on here as you basically can't have a fast break like you can in basketball and football. If we had our top caliber athletes playing your guys would be devastated in both rugby and soccer.

Can't stand Italy. Every ticky tack physical contact becomes operatic theater. Another reason why it'll never be popular in the US.
Yeah I watched it for about 20 minutes. I thought it sucked...
I got in ten minutes myself, twice as boring as baseball and that is hard to do.
  • Doove
  • 07-02-2012, 08:57 PM
My kids abuse me if I call it anything other than football, they look at me more funny than normal, so I will call it football. Originally Posted by essence
But America calls it soccer, so it's soccer. Because we're the greatest country in the world, dontcha know.
What was so epic about the game. Someone actually score a point?
But America calls it soccer, so it's soccer. Because we're the greatest country in the world, dontcha know. Originally Posted by Doove
We know you don't think America is the greatest country in the world, Doofie, but some of us do. Even those of us who think we are going in the wrong direction.

But you don't. That's ok.

So I'm not going to be able to persuade you of the merits of cricket? Another world sport?

I think you will find soccer (I give in) is the most popular sport in the world, apart from maybe fishing.

I do enjoy american football, boys or girls, but baseball and basketball leave me dumb with boredom.

Didn't your decathlon winner do well in the trials! World record!

The Houston Chronicle does not seem to give much space to cricket scores, nor indeed athletics.
I would hate to see provider ads stating they a re football moms,instead of scoccer moms.cricket is a bug.