OTC and its effect on the hobby?

Every year OTC sends the price of rooms soaring in Houston. How do providers deal with that?

I am guessing that OTC also attracts a lot of providers from out of town, since this brings thousand of oil and gas executives to Houston and the industry is well known for spending a lot of money.
OTC used to be beyond a big thing. It will never reach the size it was before the oil glut of the 80s again.
Both are right. There will be an influx of out of town talent hitting the city always is. There is still mucho $$$ to be made during that week. Strip clubs will load up. However the "Back in the Day" statement is damn true when an expense account night outing during that week with customers, 2 or 3 of them, was expected at $2-3K a night. Some of the tool companies would throw open bar and food parties for 5000 people. Helicopters from the rigs flying girls here and there at the drop of a hat. Damn that was fun!!!!!!
Other annual events jack up room rates and minimum (3 night) stays. It hurts the little people, but the ones with the real money or expense accounts still do not feel it.

The world just keeps on tunrin'.

Old Dingus
I know some providers have in calls that are apartments or condos, that way they're not affected by the OTC. If they're smart, they rent rooms to other providers.
Not like the old days when the big firms had hospitality trailers n site with "hostess "
I know some providers have in calls that are apartments or condos, that way they're not affected by the OTC. If they're smart, they rent rooms to other providers. Originally Posted by Eva Damita
Not a bad idea....
Overall, OTC doesn't affect my business. I have my own hideaway so I'm not affected by the minimum night stay or price increases. And I rarely accept OTC clients. I've learned that the conventioneers tend to try and gorge themselves double booking ladies,and they are therefore subject to cancelling. I have plenty of friends in Houston that I'd rather keep happy than forsake seeing one of them for someone attending OTC.
Overall, OTC doesn't affect my business. I have my own hideaway so I'm not affected by the minimum night stay or price increases. And I rarely accept OTC clients. I've learned that the conventioneers tend to try and gorge themselves double booking ladies,and they are therefore subject to cancelling. I have plenty of friends in Houston that I'd rather keep happy than forsake seeing one of them for someone attending OTC. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
I totally agree on this one , too much heat to chance it , but seasoned ladies like us know the risk of big events like that ... Ill stick with what I know
OTC used to be beyond a big thing. It will never reach the size it was before the oil glut of the 80s again. Originally Posted by pyramider
Very true, it was a beyond big thing before the big flood....however, the climate is rapidly changing again for the better due to new technologies and ongoing projects...so don't be surprised to see another huge peak in the near future.
I use an apartment for my incall now so I don't think it will affect me much except traffic in the galleria area. Last year when I was still using hotels OTC made it almost impossible to find a decent room , heck I think I ended up somewhere in the medical center in a not so great room. I would suggest booking your room at least a week ahead if your a traveling provider.
When is the OTC convention.?? Is it this weekend..
Offshore Technology Conference

OTC 2013 will take place 6–9 May at Reliant Park, Houston, Texas, USA.

http://www.otcnet.org/
The NRA is in town this week... I wonder how many girls will be helping the gun lobby fire their cannons off....
Muzzle loaders!