Damn, and I thought that was just a ready excuse...

Had the History Channel on in the background a little while ago and heard this little factoid... over 7 million cell phones are dropped in toilets every year... (mostly by providers, I'm guessing)... LOL, kidding, girls, J/K
  • Paven
  • 02-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Ah something I don't have to worry about lol. I don't have one.
  • ztonk
  • 02-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Ah something I don't have to worry about lol. I don't have one. Originally Posted by Paven
You don't have a toilet? eeeeek!!!

(I'm just messing with you, Paven!)
  • Paven
  • 02-19-2011, 09:07 PM
I almost swallowed my gum ztonk LOL!
Yes a toilet I have a cell phone I don't lol.
Had the History Channel on in the background a little while ago and heard this little factoid... over 7 million cell phones are dropped in toilets every year... (mostly by providers, I'm guessing)... LOL, kidding, girls, J/K Originally Posted by Bobave
That's a pretty small number, considering the number of people who have cell phones. Hell, I'm seeing 10 year olds walking around with cell phones these days...not to mention some of us who have 2 or 3 for work, hobby, etc.. I wonder how many cell phones are active at any given point.
  • Vyt
  • 02-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Actually, if you do drop it in the toilet accidentally, putting a cell phone in a bag of rice will help dehydrate it. Just insert it into the bag, close it, and leave it for about 3 to 4 hours. I know it sounds insane, but the rice will absorb the water and most likely save you a repair bill.

Just trust me next time it happens, and thank me later.
Actually, if you do drop it in the toilet accidentally, putting a cell phone in a bag of rice will help dehydrate it. Just insert it into the bag, close it, and leave it for about 3 to 4 hours. I know it sounds insane, but the rice will absorb the water and most likely save you a repair bill.

Just trust me next time it happens, and thank me later. Originally Posted by Vyt
That's gives new meaning to Dirty Rice...and I love Cajun food.
That's a pretty small number, considering the number of people who have cell phones. Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
What creeps me out is how/why the History Channel would know how many cells got dropped in toilets... especially since a lot of people probably wouldn't fess to that (so I think you're right about an under count)...
That's how I lost/damaged my last cell before this current one. :/ lol
  • Paven
  • 02-20-2011, 06:54 AM
What creeps me out is how/why the History Channel would know how many cells got dropped in toilets... especially since a lot of people probably wouldn't fess to that (so I think you're right about an under count)... Originally Posted by Bobave
They must be running out of stuff lol.
It's happened to me twice. Once was a razor. I sat it on the back of the toilet while I was in the shower. It rang, and vibrated right into the toilet.

I know, I know...why didn't you put the lid down, right? I had just poured bleach into it to clean it. I didn't want to forget to flush it before I left.

Second time was an iPhone. It was in my back pocket. Dropped my pants and well....you get the picture

Alisha ....xoxo
I know a gal who has destroyed at least 3 (and possibly more that she wouldn't fess to) phones by dropping them in the toilet. She always stuck them in the waistband of whatever she was wearing, then forgot about it 'til she heard it hit the water.

I don't think I'd have admitted to even the 2nd one.
  • Paven
  • 02-21-2011, 04:13 PM
That could get awfully expensive.
That is a good reason to have insurance on your Cell phone. LOL
It's happened to me twice. Once was a razor. I sat it on the back of the toilet while I was in the shower. It rang, and vibrated right into the toilet.

I know, I know...why didn't you put the lid down, right? I had just poured bleach into it to clean it. I didn't want to forget to flush it before I left.

Second time was an iPhone. It was in my back pocket. Dropped my pants and well....you get the picture

Alisha ....xoxo Originally Posted by Alisha1972
Yes we get it, and a Damn fine picture it is!!

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff