Travel and Leisure readers give New Orleans three new distinctions; which do you agree with?

Both tourists and Mother Nature have sometimes been hard on New Orleans, which readers voted the dirtiest city in America, according to Travel and Leisure magazine.
The magazine adds: But that doesn't stop the good times from rolling on.
The magazine's readers also listed New Orleans as No. 1 for nightlife and people-watching.
LOL ... the party gets in the way of cleanup !

there's a few people i'd watch in NOLA !
The smell of the nightlife is intoxicating - I could do without the smell of horse dung in the FQ though! At least it's not like my home port that is statistically the fatest city in US - people watching there is definitely not the same as NOLA!
The smell of the nightlife is intoxicating - I could do without the smell of horse dung in the FQ though! At least it's not like my home port that is statistically the fatest city in US - people watching there is definitely not the same as NOLA! Originally Posted by Louigi

lol--unless it is spring break!
New Orleans is definitely the dirtiest city I have ever lived in.

The only saving grace I that it's still not dirtier than my mind!
New Orleans is definitely the dirtiest city I have ever lived in.

The only saving grace I that it's still not dirtier than my mind! Originally Posted by Shadowbeast666
woohooooo my kinda guy!

Papa...one day..............
woohooooo my kinda guy!

Papa...one day.............. Originally Posted by DallasRain

one day ... soon !!!
I have visited numerous cities on this list, and of course a shot of Bourbon Street at 2:00 AM will be dirty, but walk around in the morning and most of the trash is taken care of, visit the rest of the city and it's actually pretty nice, one thing you don't see in New Orleans, that you see in New York, Philadelphia, and Houston, is the immense ammount of homeless and their "belongings" strewn about all over the city, even in the supposed "nice" areas, nothing screams dirty more than a homeless man, laying on the sidewalk with his urine soaked matress and clothing pile. Go uptown in New Orleans and it's one of the most scenic cities in America, go anywhere in the other three cities I mentioned and you see nothing but trash. Let's not forget that it's the tourists that trash New Orleans in the first place, so why are they complaining about their own mess
I have visited numerous cities on this list, and of course a shot of Bourbon Street at 2:00 AM will be dirty, but walk around in the morning and most of the trash is taken care of, visit the rest of the city and it's actually pretty nice, one thing you don't see in New Orleans, that you see in New York, Philadelphia, and Houston, is the immense ammount of homeless and their "belongings" strewn about all over the city, even in the supposed "nice" areas, nothing screams dirty more than a homeless man, laying on the sidewalk with his urine soaked matress and clothing pile. Go uptown in New Orleans and it's one of the most scenic cities in America, go anywhere in the other three cities I mentioned and you see nothing but trash. Let's not forget that it's the tourists that trash New Orleans in the first place, so why are they complaining about their own mess Originally Posted by cjlafayette

good points!!
{I have lived in Houston & it is a very dirty city!}