Navarro in one interview blows up Lib Talking Points

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Too bad some or our members and regular posters to this forum are among the BAND, because Peter Navarro just blew up many of their Anti-Trump talking points in just a few statements.

He basically said the CDC let us down, that Trump was correct early on that a major shutdown of the economy could be more costly than the shutdown itself, blasted the medical community for a run and hide approach, and criticized Democratic Senators for looking in the rear view mirror when blasting the White House.
Navarro doesn’t fuck around.
Navarro doesn’t fuck around. Originally Posted by bambino
Yeah, he was the "golden boy" though to many a liberal when they misrepresented his "warning" to Trump back in January as something to have acted upon immediately.

Today's interview kind of squashed those dreams.
Is there a vid of the complete interview somewhere?
Is there a vid of the complete interview somewhere? Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...ng-83567685611
Hmm.. I watched it in real time, and I don't agree that "Lib" talking points were blown up. as far as the rear view mirror, that was Navarro admitting the Administration fucked up, but saying "let's solve this going forward". Navarro doesn't want to be the next guy fired, so he won't talk about how his view was that the China virus was rapidly spreading in Mid-January, 2 months before Trump grudgingly came to that conclusion.
Hmm.. I watched it in real time, and I don't agree that "Lib" talking points were blown up. as far as the rear view mirror, that was Navarro admitting the Administration fucked up, but saying "let's solve this going forward". Navarro doesn't want to be the next guy fired, so he won't talk about how his view was that the China virus was rapidly spreading in Mid-January, 2 months before Trump grudgingly came to that conclusion. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
If you are alluding to the Administration having fucked up by advising a national shutdown, then yes, I somewhat see that from the full video.

But if you are alluding to what he actually said about looking in the rear view mirror, then no, there was nothing from credible scientific advisors(including Navarro's memo, which was misrepresented as a call to shut everything down, which it wasn't) that would/should have changed Trumps decisions or actions.

Navarro certainly alluded to Trump being ahead of the curve on the likelihood of the shutdown being worse than the Wuhan virus itself.
That was two months before ANYONE, including the grand poobah of all things infectious, Dr. Fauci and the WHO came to that conclusion. The ‘experts’ were all saying don’t worry about it, this is no biggie, in that timeframe. Are you suggesting he should’ve been ‘anti-science’ and not listened to the so-called experts? President Trump isn’t an epidemiologist, microbiologist, or a tarot card reader.
I'm not suggesting anything.. just the facts, Ma'am.

I know Fauci was behind. I don't know why he was.. I don't know if his information was screened, or if he feared getting fired.. or maybe he isn't as bright as we give him credit for
Hmm.. I watched it in real time, and I don't agree that "Lib" talking points were blown up. as far as the rear view mirror, that was Navarro admitting the Administration fucked up, but saying "let's solve this going forward". Navarro doesn't want to be the next guy fired, so he won't talk about how his view was that the China virus was rapidly spreading in Mid-January, 2 months before Trump grudgingly came to that conclusion. Originally Posted by Chung Tran

what a load of TDS. in mid January people like Fauci the fraud were saying this wouldn't be a big deal for the US. there wasn't a confirmed US case till Jan 19. you are ignoring the facts because they make the so-called "experts" look wrong. Trump does act and of course the left calls him a xenophobe racist. want to bet Fauci didn't think a travel ban was needed when Trump did issue it?
I'm not suggesting anything.. just the facts, Ma'am.

I know Fauci was behind. I don't know why he was.. I don't know if his information was screened, or if he feared getting fired.. or maybe he isn't as bright as we give him credit for Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Oh, OK, you’re not suggesting he should have done something, only criticizing him for not doing something that everyone involved deemed unnecessary. Got it.
Oh, OK, you’re not suggesting he should have done something, only criticizing him for not doing something that everyone involved deemed unnecessary. Got it. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
why do you keep saying "suggesting"? I don't suggest anything. if I think something, I will post it. you can't help yourself, you will post anything to try and trip me up, LOL.. you are so inarticulate, I don't even know if "him" is Fauci or Trump.. take an English class.
just let a lib or chung speak. they always trip themselves up!
just let a lib or chung speak. they always trip themselves up! Originally Posted by winn dixie
what happened to "Faggot"? you used to call me that 7-8 times a day..
why do you keep saying "suggesting"? I don't suggest anything. if I think something, I will post it. you can't help yourself, you will post anything to try and trip me up, LOL.. you are so inarticulate, I don't even know if "him" is Fauci or Trump.. take an English class. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Ok, so semantics aside you have both suggested and stated Trump did not act fast enough. Yet my OP alone suggests and states that Trump acted with the best information available at the time. You continue to prove Navarro's point that many are stuck looking in the rear view mirror trying to redefine history to attack Trump. It's not working any longer.

what happened to "Faggot"? you used to call me that 7-8 times a day.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
It's a kinder gentler political forum now that our lovely moderator is showing up more often. Are you still holding grudges to distract from the discussion at hand?