Hobby phone vs Personal phone???

This questions is for providers but gents please chime in too!!!

I have a corporate 8-5 job and I only been in the Hobby life for about 6 months. I am VERY DISCREET and I have a pre-paid hobby phone that I use strictly for the business. I don't advertise my hobby number for obvious reasons like safety, random people calling my phone, etc......So if a client has my number more than likely I have seen him before.

With that said, One of my clients asked me for my "personal number" because he didn't want to call me on my hobby phone. I was very disturbed and put in an uncomfortable position because I don't mix my personal life with my hobby life. DISCLAIMER: He has been a regular for 2 months and he calls and text me everyday on my hobby phone.

Providers do you use personal phone? have this ever happen to you? How did you handle the situation?

Guys do you ask providers for their personal numbers? or even give out your personal numbers?
  • Trey
  • 10-12-2011, 06:24 AM
No I don't ask for a personal number. A question for you though, do you answer the hobby phone when it rings. Maybe he is having a hard time contacting you, could that be why he asked?
No I don't ask for a personal number. A question for you though, do you answer the hobby phone when it rings. Maybe he is having a hard time contacting you, could that be why he asked? Originally Posted by trey
yes I answer my phone every time it rings bc I know its one of my regulars. Furthermore, I always talk or text him bc he calls everyday and text me at least 3-5 times a day mon-sun from sun up to sun down. So its not like he can't get in touch with me. Honestly, I think he has more than enough access to me lol.
yes I answer my phone every time it rings bc I know its one of my regulars. Furthermore, I always talk or text him bc he calls everyday and text me at least 3-5 times a day mon-sun from sun up to sun down. So its not like he can't get in touch with me. Honestly, I think he has more than enough access to me lol. Originally Posted by Hailey Ross
You have answered your own question. If this guy is already texting you multiple times and calling daily, the problems will only accelerate the more he learns and involves himself in your personal life. He is already showing you why it is important to keep the two separate.
This questions is for providers but gents please chime in too!!!

I have a corporate 8-5 job and I only been in the Hobby life for about 6 months. I am VERY DISCREET and I have a pre-paid hobby phone that I use strictly for the business. I don't advertise my hobby number for obvious reasons like safety, random people calling my phone, etc......So if a client has my number more than likely I have seen him before.

With that said, One of my clients asked me for my "personal number" because he didn't want to call me on my hobby phone. I was very disturbed and put in an uncomfortable position because I don't mix my personal life with my hobby life. DISCLAIMER: He has been a regular for 2 months and he calls and text me everyday on my hobby phone.

Providers do you use personal phone? have this ever happen to you? How did you handle the situation?

Guys do you ask providers for their personal numbers? or even give out your personal numbers? Originally Posted by Hailey Ross
Always keep the two separate. If he ask again, just tell him NO!
DISCLAIMER: He has been a regular for 2 months and he calls and text me everyday on my hobby phone.
Originally Posted by Hailey Ross
That quote says bunches. Run Forrest run. Or in this case run Hailey run.

Sometimes my Hobby and civi life has crossed and thus the provider had my personal number.

I would never ask for a prividers personal number.
Sounds like borderline stalker material. If he has your real phone number, could turn into real stalker
You have answered your own question. If this guy is already texting you multiple times and calling daily, the problems will only accelerate the more he learns and involves himself in your personal life. He is already showing you why it is important to keep the two separate. Originally Posted by Phil A.Cheaux
Always keep the two separate. If he ask again, just tell him NO! Originally Posted by fire engine red
I told him No and he said he didn't want to see me again bc I didn't make him feel special and give him my personal number. I was so upset bc I think I went above and beyond to make him feel special. Geesh, we talk and texted multiple times a day. I don't understand why it was so important for him to have my personal number if we talk all the time on my hobby number.

I haven't spoken to him in two weeks and I am feeling bad about the situation. I strive to make all my clients happy and feel special.
Sounds like borderline stalker material. If he has your real phone number, could turn into real stalker Originally Posted by Jack Flash
My thoughts, too!!
The real phone number gives some guys to ability to find out more about you.

Play is safe Hailey!
Let your gut feelings guide you!!
I told him No and he said he didn't want to see me again bc I didn't make him feel special and give him my personal number. I was so upset bc I think I went above and beyond to make him feel special. Geesh, we talk and texted multiple times a day. I don't understand why it was so important for him to have my personal number if we talk all the time on my hobby number.

I haven't spoken to him in two weeks and I am feeling bad about the situation. I strive to make all my clients happy and feel special. Originally Posted by Hailey Ross
Don't feel bad. I think you might have saved yourself some long term trouble by him moving on. I don't understand why some guys feel the need to text a girl daily. Alot of guys think that if they are a regular of yours that it gives them the right to text and call you all the time.
  • Trey
  • 10-12-2011, 08:07 AM

I haven't spoken to him in two weeks and I am feeling bad about the situation. I strive to make all my clients happy and feel special. Originally Posted by Hailey Ross
That dude was a bugaboo(do they still say that?) so that's that. You gave way more of your time to him then he deserved! Babe never take pointless calls like that it just leads the nuts on. This guy wants to turn you into his gf and call you all the time.
  • bbkid
  • 10-12-2011, 08:13 AM
If he's able to contact you all day and night on your "work" phone, there is absolutely zero reason for him to have your other number. I would be very leery of this guy.
Hailey if you notice the guy's that posted are some of the older members of the board and go way back even on ASPD there advice is sound ...don't ever feel bad protecting yourself.

Just a suggestion you should always limit the amount of time you spend with a client even if it's texting or speaking on the phone ....Fantasy and Reality will get mixed up on both sides.
I don't feel bad anymore and Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions!!!
no chica don't. Any time spent with him in person or on the phone outside of his paid time is you being nice. It's not an obligation. If he stopped seeing you because of that he may have had another motive. Perhaps run your number to get a real name and address?