Recommendation please !!!!!

Best Italian food in Dallas.
If anyone says Maggiano's, Carrabba's, Romano's Macaroni Grill and Olive Garden are on their list of Good and Best Italian restaurants, they will be whipped with wet noodles.

I am Italian and I will not stand for such malarkey!!

LUCIA in the Bishop Arts district is rated as DFW best Italian restaurant.

Reservations are required a month or months ahead of time.

There are only 4 seats at the bar for walk-ins and it's first come first serve.

Trust me when I tell you none of these item on their menu is Italian.

http://www.luciadallas.com/#

NONNA on Lemmon just Southeast of Dallas North Tollway is the 2nd best rated Italian restaurant in DFW.

It may also require a reservation only since seating for walk-ins are limited.

http://www.nonnadallas.com/images/menu.pdf

Been there, wouldn't go back.

AMORE in Snider Plaza is the 3rd best rated Italian restaurant in DFW.

http://amoreitalian.net/dinner-menu-2/

Also faux Italian food.

p.s.

Don't anyone dare say Campisi's either.

Over-rated trash.

It's only considered "good" and "best of DFW" because it's been around for 73 years and it's popular with the tourists and no one who writes a Top and Best of list for a DFW magazine or newspaper or news media dares to say it's not good or to leave it off the list - unless they are looking forward to collect unemployment.

It will be same as saying when you go to visit New York City, don't go see the Statue of Liberty or when you go to visit Washington, D.C., don't go to the Lincoln Memorial.
  • BLM69
  • 02-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Best Italian food in Dallas. Originally Posted by jamieDallas
Google or yelp!
I love maggianos, I’m sure it’s not the best, but can’t beat the 2 for 1 menu items. And I love the garlic spinach, I could eat that as a meal
Oh and my parents owned an Italian restaurant when we were still in Italy in the 70's living in the Veneto region.

I hung around the kitchen with the chefs those years and I learned to make all types of Italian food including making Polenta and pizza dough and countless types of Pastas from scratch.

Therefore I am even pickier than most folks when it comes to Cucina Italiana.

None of the Cappuccino and Espresso I have gotten here in the USA (and don't say Starbucks, that's a blasphemy, mention that name in Italy and the Pope will ex-communicate you from drinking coffee for the rest of your natural life) are worthy to be called Cappuccino and Espresso.

They don't know to pack the coffee grounds tight and hard enough before they put it under the machine.
CG, all good suggestions... Lucia is unbelievable, but, as you said, plan way ahead...

I would add Sprezza to the list... http://sprezzadallas.com
I was suggesting to stay away from them, not to go there.

LOL!
  • harry
  • 02-12-2019, 06:59 PM
I was suggesting to stay away from them, not to go there.

LOL! Originally Posted by CG2014
Well since you are the expert, where would you go in DFW for Italian?
I recently visited Spaghetti Warehouse and enjoyed a tasty dinner.

I spent the day most agreeably with a lady friend at the Dallas World Aquarium. After the aquarium closed, we walked down to Spaghetti Warehouse, which is located in the fashionable West End district of downtown Dallas. Here's the address:

1815 N Market St Dallas TX 75202

I ordered a Coke (I don't drink and drive) and she ordered a glass of Moscato. We were served fresh crisp house salads with our choice of dressing. This salad was accompanied with freshly baked sourdough rolls and butter. We were both hungry and the food tasted great. After all, hunger is the best seasoning!

For our main course, we both ordered spaghetti in marinara sauce with vegetables. The spaghetti was al dente, the marinara sauce tasted like it was made fresh that day, and the vegetables were crisp and not mushy.

The dinner portions were large and were served with freshly grated parmesan cheese. I also asked for crushed red pepper flakes and was served some freshly crushed red pepper flakes in an elegant serving bowl.

Is Spaghetti Warehouse the best Italian food in Dallas? I wouldn't presume to know enough to answer that question. However, I did have a superlative dining experience there.
I recently visited Spaghetti Warehouse and enjoyed a tasty dinner. Originally Posted by VeryClean
Spaghetti Warehouse, where they serve fake Americanized Italian food, is still open?

I see they still list their lasagna on their menu as 15 layers.

It's not 15 layers.

Well since you are the expert, where would you go in DFW for Italian? Originally Posted by harry
Make my own whenever I don't feel lazy, including peeling and squeezing fresh ripe Roma tomatoes to make ragu' with fresh ground beef and fresh ground italian sausage with plenty of garlic, extra virgin olive oil, rosemary, and fresh basil.
None of the Cappuccino and Espresso I have gotten here in the USA (and don't say Starbucks, that's a blasphemy, mention that name in Italy and the Pope will ex-communicate you from drinking coffee for the rest of your natural life) are worthy to be called Cappuccino and Espresso.

They don't know to pack the coffee grounds tight and hard enough before they put it under the machine. Originally Posted by CG2014
back in early 90s when I interned at the now defunct superconducting supercollider out in waxahachie for a couple of summers I got assigned to an Italian visiting professor from European CERN that was a muckety muck in my area of study.

this guy:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Dario_Crosetto

he was slave driver to the max, working me 20+ hrs on weekends at his home, but always treated me like family, supplying home cooked meals and whatnot. he'd even give me money to go to dinner and movie with his female assistant on saturday evenings which always ended with me sniffing my fingers obsessively for rest of the night but I digress...he had this elaborate contraption to make expressos which he'd feed us 4 or 5 times daily so we could be productive. he'd get these beans from columbia, grind them carefully and spend like 45 mins in the morning setting the machine up...it was something to watch and I havent had a better cup anywhere to date.
We Italians take several things extremely seriously:

Coffee
Pasta
(we were still in Italy in the early 70's when they had that nationwide Pasta and Bread shortage due to a Wheat shortage. There were fights among regular housewives at the supermarkets and on the streets resulting in injuries and deaths!!)
Bread
Pomodoro (Tomatoes)
Pizza
Coffee
Cold Cuts (Prosciutto, Salumi, Mortadella)
Formaggio (Cheese)
Women and Amore and Sesso
oh did I mention Coffee already?
A very entertaining--and informative--thread! Bravo!
One of my favorites is Andiamo’s in Addison.

www.andiamoitaliangrill.com