Pelosi gets evicted!!!!

I think a lot of representatives want her out; both Republicans and Democrat's.

It is my understanding that (and I could be wrong) the Speaker of The House doesn't have to be a member of the party in control . . .or even an elected Representative.

Anybody know for sure?

It is my understanding that (and I could be wrong) the Speaker of The House doesn't have to be a member of the party in control . . .or even an elected Representative.

Anybody know for sure? Originally Posted by ICU 812
I think they can vote for anybody. That’s why Pelosi introduced a bill that would prevent Trump from becoming Speaker if Republicans regained the House majority.

yes, the speaker of the house does not have to be a member of the house.

this has been done only once. Andrew Jackson was elected to the Speaker of the House for 1 day as an honorary member of the House.
Now that's funny ,,, but Good
AOC's not gonna do shit.

Any of the elected representatives is the answer.

AOC couldn't handle it btw.
Any of the elected representatives is the answer.

AOC couldn't handle it btw. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter

https://history.house.gov/People/Office/Speakers-Intro/

the Speaker—who has always been (but is not required to be) a House Member

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/become-speaker-house

You just have to be nominated, no House seat required.

All candidates for speaker must be nominated by members of the House, but they don’t need to be elected lawmakers of the House. Article I, section II of the Constitution says only that the House “shall chose their Speaker and other officers.” So far, the chamber has only chosen its own members as speaker, but a non-lawmaker is possible.
  • oeb11
  • 08-02-2021, 11:41 AM
AOC is turning to be the Conservatives best friend - opposing the Nazi Pelosi agenda because it is not 'Progressive (read marxist) enough.

And the dumb as a bag of hammers barkeep from Brooklyn doesn't even comprehend what she does - but at the monent - impeding the massive hyperspending of teh fiden crime cabal is a good thing for America.!!!

Comments - 'in agony' DPST minions????
AOC's not gonna do shit. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
She probably didn't drift far from beer menu as a bartender either.
She might be disallowed bc she’d be 3rd in line and isn’t old enough for the presidency. I could be wrong tho.
  • oeb11
  • 08-02-2021, 02:38 PM
Age is not a Constitutional requirement for Speaker of teh house.

She plans to be that, and also POTUS in short order.

Given she is as bright as a box of rocks - Her expectations may be just a tad excessive.

LOL
Well and the HYPOCRISY of the trillions in-fart-structure bill is it does nothing to help people ( rent )
Bad Karma
She just pretends to not like Pelosi.

If she actually gave a shit, she would have made this publicity stunt like 6 months ago, when the situation could have been avoided.
And as of now somehow the cdc ( doctors adviser board ) changed laws and is protecting rents