my insomnia is driving me crazy. . .

Anybody else awake at 5 am?
Anybody else awake at 5 am? Originally Posted by LongLeggedLexi
I stayed awake almost two weeks after a mission in Africa. I went in to the doctor on base almost every other day. I could take small naps during the day and that was about it. None of the medication they gave me worked. At one time had this internal clock that woke me up every morning at 3 AM.
My brain just will not shut down sometimes. Just can't stop processing I guess lol
Tell you a secret that I learned and it really works. Get you a book on tape and play it when you go to bed. Listen to the tape and you will find yourself waking up later. With the tape on you aren't thinking about all the other things but about what is going on in the story. It really works.
Anybody else awake at 5 am? Originally Posted by LongLeggedLexi
Everyday.
somebody's gotta make the donuts.
I appreciate your efforts...they're pretty good.
no problem
I have to take a pm almost every nite or my mind wont shut down! I feel ya!!
I have to take a pm almost every nite or my mind wont shut down! I feel ya!! Originally Posted by DallasRain
Give the book idea a try, it really works for me. After spending years in the military I had to find someway to keep my mind from going back to the past and those books do it for me. I didn't want to get addicted to drug use. I figure there would always be books to listen to no matter if I like them or not. I use them on the road when I make long distance drive. If you are on the road you must shut them off when you get in the city or are not sure of a turn because you can get into a book and get lost. I almost ran out of gas because my warning sound went off saying I needed gas and I looked around and I was on one of those empty roads in Wisconsin on my way to Fort McCoy.

If nothing else you get to hear some books that you haven't had the time to read.