Grooming Tip For The Ladies (Men, Too)

There are many variations in personal grooming, from full bush to bare. Full bush is mostly out of favor for all of us. I prefer shortly trimmed, bare with a landing strip or totally bare. That said, it needs to feel nice to the touch. I see a Lady from Florida when she visits Houston that keeps hers short with a number one clipper. Very nice, looks and feels great.

If you are going to shave, please keep it smooth, like a peach. I experienced the best stripper slide of my life from a freshly shaved provider.

Last week, same stripper slide, different Lady, with coarse stubble. I thought Mr. Happy was being sanded off. Hurt like hell!

So, if you are going bare, keep it smooth, even if you have to shave it daily.
Thank you and I agree..
+1
Totally. If it's too much maintenance, you probably need a new do
I have often thought about this... During the summer I personally like to get a Brazilian Wax down below....Only problem is, it has to go thru a "Growing out stage"!! I shave daily because no one wants "Mr. Happy" to loose a layer of skin. But how does one manage to get through that week & 1/2 growing stage? Do guys really mind if it is a one time thing? Opinions?
I have often thought about this... During the summer I personally like to get a Brazilian Wax down below....Only problem is, it has to go thru a "Growing out stage"!! I shave daily because no one wants "Mr. Happy" to loose a layer of skin. But how does one manage to get through that week & 1/2 growing stage? Do guys really mind if it is a one time thing? Opinions? Originally Posted by Abigail (Source of JOY)
When you get a wax and the hair finally does start to grow out is it finer at first until you start shaving?
When you get a wax and the hair finally does start to grow out is it finer at first until you start shaving? Originally Posted by boardman
For me it is... I am not naturally a "hairy" person, so one wax just about does me for most of the summer. I could probably wax 3 times a year with maybe a few touch up strokes from the razor for an entire year. Of course, that being said, finer does not mean soft like the hair on my head! It is still rather course and prickly for a few days....
For me it is... I am not naturally a "hairy" person, so one wax just about does me for most of the summer. I could probably wax 3 times a year with maybe a few touch up strokes from the razor for an entire year. Of course, that being said, finer does not mean soft like the hair on my head! It is still rather course and prickly for a few days.... Originally Posted by Abigail (Source of JOY)
That supports what I've been told and it makes sense. As a follicle grows out it becomes thicker but the end gets worn down through brushing, shampooing rubbing against other follicles, etc. This end becomes a smaller diameter and either splits or wears down to a fine, pliable point which doesn't prick and therefor feels soft. When we cut the hair it exposes a blunt end. When we shave it close to the skin it is at it's thickest and because the skin keeps it from being able to move it becomes abrasive. Waxing or otherwise completely removing the follicle at the root makes it start all over and the hair begins to grown out again very fine but the longer it grows the thicker it gets and the process starts all over again.
Well spoken on the cycle of life!
I am totally OK with a #1 clip job, if waxing or shaving creates a problem. Short and soft beats stubbly and scratchy any day. Bare is nice, but requires maintenance to keep that smooth feel.
I got the "I'm getting waxed later today" from a lady once. Had I known I would have rescheduled. Personally I prefer the soft trim over shaved, stubbly, razor bumpy. If you want bare, lasered is best but expensive and permanent.
Landing strip or fully shaved

Full bush is not my style.
I wouldn't mind a small amount of bush, Just not too much. Sort of short and silky
I like when providers have a small and trimmed little bush : )