Des Moines this week

I will be around Des Moines this week and next. Has anybody visited/stayed in a hotel recently? I am assuming they are very quiet.
Anyhoo...ya'all have a happy day!! Jen
from driving by the look pretty quiet. probably can get a good rate at a top one considering what is going on.
Course, play it safe always .
Yeahhhh they’re dead as shit- granted it was a weekend but maybe 4-6 other cars tops in the parking lot besides me- this was in CR so maybe DSM is a bit livelier ? Oddly enough though rates across the board appear to be the same as they were pre-rona even though you can’t use the pool or fitness center and I’m not a breakfast person but the guy said that was modified too. Also housekeeping services were suspended so basically your room doesn’t get cleaned until you check out. On the plus the front desk was unattended anytime I went by that way. I only saw one person but personally I would probably be a bit nervous seeing much more than that if they were all coming in the front with someone at the desk watching 24/7- I would prob be shuffling em in through the side lol. Good luck !
drove by some hotels in western metro part of DSM JJ....maybe it was late afternoon but very very sparse, you could hear the crickets.
i always prefer the side if possible. least gives us a chance to maybe converse for a few
I was in Madison and Milwaukee a couple weeks ago. There was one or two cars in the parking lot, dead quiet. But the hotels weren't very staffed either.
Hotel rates are the same. There's no competition. When things open up, then rates will drive down. A buddy works at a big hotel chain. Global occupancy is at 16%.
Most hotels even large(r)/bigger ones are running at 30% capacity AT MOST.
Re-openings happening in a lot of places might change that but not much.
I have a friend in the Naples/Ft. Myers FL area right now that says most are running at 40% occupancy at most.