A lesson to remember

• Go4it
  • 01-02-2012, 11:14 AM
When you think you have a problem with a provider NC/NS or not responding to a set appointment, please be patient and make sure you make every effort to contact the provider before making any public statements.

I recently had some problems in making that final contact with a provider on this board. I had sent her an email requesting her photo as she suggested in an ad ---- with no response. I thought that kind of strange, but with tons of emails I am sure she recieves I assumed I just got lost in the shuffle.

Then I called her for an appointment. We discussed a mutually agreeable time and she said she would txt me the address for her incall. Plus I agreed to send her my references via PM which is always a good way to prove who you are.

As the time got closer I still had not recieved a txt. I went ECCIE and noticed my PM had not been read. Closer and closer to appointment and still no contact and she still had not read the PM.

I made another attempt to contact her via phone and got no answer.

After the time for an appointment had come and gone, I sent her an email requesting info on what had happened.

She was nice enough to respond that she thought she had sent a txt and had considered me a non-show while at the same time I was considering her a NC/NS. We were both thinking badly of one another. But now the problem is all fixed and I am sure we will have another appointment soon.

The lesson ---- be sure you make every effort to contact the provider to discuss the situation. Make several tries. It could very easily be explained. Let's have a kinder gentler 2012.
  • hd
  • 01-02-2012, 11:39 AM
So true. had similar experience years ago and made a fool of myself, which I deserved.
Isn't that the way it should be handled? Thank goodness, we have 2 mature people who kept their business to themselves instead of plastering it all over the board!

Happy New Year!
+1 Lana. Mix ups and shit happens. Sometimes you just have to relax and wait for the real story to come out!
So true. had similar experience years ago and made a fool of myself, which I deserved. Originally Posted by hd
Yep...me too...you can learn from it, though.