alternative media to avoid censorship

what alternate media that can replace facebook, twitter and youtube as they are involved in shadow banning, de-platforming and censoring people who are conservative or have very different views not inline with liberal/progressive thought.

Big Tech thinks people are stupid and need to be protected . so, the customer is not right??? people are leaving because of their arrogant "know it all" attitude.

https://pjmedia.com/culture/victoria...rship-n1137880

oh btw, Big Tech is failing Business 101. "the customer is always right!" don't piss off the customer!
Parler is a conservative oriented social media site.

However-- they claim to be about freedom of speech, but I already know of a few people who were banned for being liberal. One of them literally just for having "liberal" in her name... no troll posts, no shit stirring. So-- if you actually care about freedom of speech and not just finding an echo chamber, they may not fit the bill.
I'm aware of parlor, its more of an "echo" chamber.
I get all my newese from eccie
I get all my newese from eccie Originally Posted by Ripmany

its hooka board dummy. its not mainstream. lol
What do you define as censorship
Control
America one news ,
America one news , Originally Posted by rexdutchman

well, that's Fox news alternative or to be more precise, conservative competition.
What do you define as censorship Originally Posted by 1blackman1

Simple. Not allowing any view other than the one you support. Right now, Facebook and Twitter are not allowing people to discuss among themselves, views contrary to what they have decided are the correct views much less post an outright claim of what is true or not true.

To tell your readers that you may not post anything about the virus that isn't accepted by the CDC, WHO, could be considered censorship. Problem is, Facebook and Twitter are private enterprises that theoretically by law can restrict what is said on their platforms. First we have to figure out where the new line is in these matters. Traditionally, censorship is only related to the government can't restrict your speech. If we accept that Facebook and Twitter being privately owned platforms, not being government, can restrict any speech they want, that would seem to be a problem considering the amount of people whose information they are controlling.

I'm inclined to believe that Facebook and Twitter not being government entities, do have the right to censor anything they want on their platform and then the "competition" can point this out and try and steal their business with a "better mousetrap".

It's annoying as hell to see Facebook and Twitter do this but since I don't get my news from Facebook or Twitter, it has little impact on me other than annoyance. Some day soon, government will have to make some hard decisions in this new age of information. One thing seems obvious to me at this point, that is that Facebook and Twitter can not have rules different than the Times or Post which means they can be sued for the content they allow just like the Times and Post were recently sued by a teenager for slander.

Facebook and Twitter telling a citizen that they can not post what they want because what they are saying is a lie, could well be considered liable, defamation. That's also how it should be IMHO.
Who gets their news from Facebook and Twitter? They are private social media companies, not new outlets!

I get news from dedicated news sources. ABC, Fox. NBC, CBS, and a few newspaper sites.
I'm aware of parlor, its more of an "echo" chamber. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Parler
Of course.
How do you define (mis)information? The deliberate effort to (cover up or) inform?

It's up to each individual to believe the source. Not the platform. Don't bitch about the outlet when accepted facts and truths are plain to see.

I don't know shit about Facebook or Twitter, but I thought it was hilarious that a clip from an English puppet show was removed from one or the other for misinformation. It is getting ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwItNWD066Q

Public humiliation is the best way to get someone to self censor.