Bob's Steakhouse vs. Waffle House

I found myself in the extremely unique position of eating at Bob's in grapevine and a short while later eating some alcohol mop up grub at Waffle House.

What a contrast.

BTW the empty lot to the West of WH is frozen over and like an ice rink. You can do some awesome e-brake power slides there.
so you prefer Waffle House?
  • hd
  • 02-03-2011, 12:31 PM
I think maybe Boltfan has a thing for parking lots??
Hmmmm,

Bone in ribeye medium rare vs. hash browns with chili.

I am thinking the beef wins out, even when drunk. I was just the driver, the passengers wanted Waffle House. The best part was my buddy said you always get a good story when you go to a Waffle House. Sure enough, our waitress was a former carny!
  • T-Can
  • 02-03-2011, 03:54 PM
So is this the thread where we insert our most awesome Waffle House stories? If so, I'm game....

Bolt...you are crazy!
  • MRMR
  • 02-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Hate Bob S. (shame that he is a _____). After the way he treated a party of us a few years ago NONE of us have ever gone back. Karma is a bitch if you know much about his problems.
Chamberlains treated us well last night. So many other Steakhouses that are as good or better. Just as we have so many great providers we have many great Steakhouses.
I will go with the Waffle House any day between the two (had Breakfast there today with my Son.).
Sorry for my rant, but wanted to share.
Boltfan, Welcome back.
I have only one Waffle House story and that was it. If we wish to hijack this thread to be about Waffle House stories I am game. My participation will have to be reading only now. Anyone who has a funny WH story please write. This should be fun.

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah ole Bob has his share of issues. North Dallas was a bit too much of a risk in case the ice was still bad. Though we did make it to ampville :-)
I found myself in the extremely unique position of eating at Bob's in grapevine and a short while later eating some alcohol mop up grub at Waffle House.

What a contrast.

BTW the empty lot to the West of WH is frozen over and like an ice rink. You can do some awesome e-brake power slides there. Originally Posted by Boltfan
Why would you need an e-brake to slide on ice... just use your momentum.
enjoy your beef ladies and gentleman, cattle numbers are at a 50 year low

now I do love WH's country ham
If you use your ebrake it locks up the tires better and you get more of a slide versus just a spin. Anti-lock brakes don't give a hard enough stop to the tires. Trust me, we tried it both ways. E-brake provided far better results.
  • MRMR
  • 02-04-2011, 11:41 AM
E Brake is the best.
I have to say I love to people watch at the Waffle House.
My Son and I have a game where we try to count folks that are missing a tooth or teeth.
The one to count the most wins (still trying to figure out what we really win?).
Ok..Now Im hungry!!
im hungry for u ivy. u look very tasty
im hungry for u ivy. u look very tasty Originally Posted by cugerluver
Well let me know whe your ready to eat!
What is the current status of ownership at Bob's? are they all owned by the same person?