payment using gift cards or presents/gifts?

I am wondering is it still illegal if you are getting presents/gifts or gift cards to stores instead of cash?

just say a provider asks for an ipad as her payment. can she get arrested by an undercover?
SS,

In Texas, the law is written in the manner that anything of value exchanged meets the 'paying for sex' criteria. So a gift card, an IPAD, an offshore account would all meet the criteria.

Depending on the circumstances, if we are talking about a sting operation, probably busted. If we are talking about LE trying to link a payment of one of these types to a provider/hobbyist interaction, sure, it may be harder to prove the transaction occurred.

Other states may be less far reaching in their laws, Australian laws may follow a whole different premise.
  • ~Ze~
  • 10-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Didn't a chick get arrested for accepting chicken nuggets as payment.. or just agreeing to it?

They don't give a shit what the payment is...
SS,
Australian laws may follow a whole different premise. Originally Posted by tigercat
sex work is decriminalized here. Most reputable ladies here are happy to help the economy by paying taxes on their income as a provider.

yep... on the huge american debt. i have no idea why politians don't decriminalize it and just make all providers pay tax on their earnings instead. it would help alot with generating income for the country. it's an untapped market to get taxes.
I am wondering is it still illegal if you are getting presents/gifts or gift cards to stores instead of cash?

just say a provider asks for an ipad as her payment. can she get arrested by an undercover? Originally Posted by SydneySin
It's perfectly legal to pay gold bullion or diamonds instead of money. Any other payment is illegal.
Didn't a chick get arrested for accepting chicken nuggets as payment.. or just agreeing to it?

They don't give a shit what the payment is... Originally Posted by ~Ze~
you mean this woman??
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...mcnuggets.html

btw, i dont take shit for payment :^)
only things that are worth shit.