Omni Holds

• moo
  • 07-19-2011, 10:05 AM
So when you don't show up to court, the city puts out a warrant and an Omni hold on your driver's license. According to the Transportation Code, section 706, the hold should be lifted when I post bond. However, the city doesn't want to follow this law. Any suggestions?
Go to the local news. Trouble Shooters etc....
Go to the local news. Trouble Shooters etc.... Originally Posted by bistraight69
Yeah, right. Why not rent Cowboy Stadium and hold a press conference while you're at it? Haha.

OmniBase won't clear a hold until they receive some kind of record from the city court. Many cities are lax about conveying the information because their courts are clogged with cases.

A quick way to solve your problem would be to go to one of the municipal court judges in Cowtown with a copy of the bond. He/she might get his clerk to log the information into the system so that OmniBase gets it and lifts the hold.
  • moo
  • 07-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Yeah, right. Why not rent Cowboy Stadium and hold a press conference while you're at it? Haha.

OmniBase won't clear a hold until they receive some kind of record from the city court. Many cities are lax about conveying the information because their courts are clogged with cases.

A quick way to solve your problem would be to go to one of the municipal court judges in Cowtown with a copy of the bond. He/she might get his clerk to log the information into the system so that OmniBase gets it and lifts the hold. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
I doubt that since it makes more sense that they city that placed the hold would be the only one that can release it. But I'll give it a shot anyway.
I doubt that since it makes more sense that they city that placed the hold would be the only one that can release it. But I'll give it a shot anyway. Originally Posted by moo
For some reason I thought you said your ticket was in Fort Worth. Maybe I thought of Cowtown because of your avatar. Haha. What I meant was: Go to a judge in the city court where the citation was filed.
  • moo
  • 07-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Lol. Alright then.