Willing to barter... who has it?

I just moved into my own place and I need a lot of things... If you have it and want to get rid of it I am willing to work something out with you... Let me know. Thanks!

TV/TV stand
Microwave
Barstools
Armoire
Recliner or similar Comfy Chair
Area Rug

If you have something not on my list... let me know... I need everything.

Also, a stereo would be nice.

I think I have an old Kenwood stereo laying around here somewhere. PM me if interested
Are you pulling my leg???
I think I have an old Kenwood stereo laying around here somewhere. PM me if interested Originally Posted by LookingGlass
Good one
Dammit I knew it was too good to be true. Sigh... lol
Kitty you may try craigslist they have a free area also. There are some great resale shops in the North Dallas area. CCA off of Josey and Frankford has some great deals. Metro Crest and Goodwill also has some bargains at time. It may not be the color you want but you can always get some fresh paint and change the color and make it new. If you can find a bargain or two then you can always replace the stuff later with something else.
Give call fixing to move dont wont to take all !!
I buy 3 or 4 ice chest every year from Goodwill, the money goes to a good cause and if they don't end up at my house after the weekend no big deal.
I agree on the cheap coolers, but not sure about the good cause:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3478013.html
freecycle.org

It's completely addictive and that's why I'm not on there any longer but when I was, I got an almost new desk chair, award winning rose bushes (I had to dig them up and get lectured about their care while doing so but it was worth it!), a computer, perfumes and lots of odds and sods.

You could probably find a microwave on there for free the first day. So many are offered on there. Or used to be.

Then, you can give away your crap that you no longer want or need and help someone else.

It's much better than the "free" section on craigslist. There have even been cars given away on freecycle.

There is also a "Want" section of the site that people look at. Once, I wrote a "I want" perfume. And I got several e-mails from people wanting to find a good home for some perfumes that they just didn't want or like. Again, such a great site.

Good luck finding what you need,
Elisabeth
I agree on the cheap coolers, but not sure about the good cause:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3478013.html Originally Posted by LookingGlass
I used Goodwill as a general term, I go to a place that helps kids with Down Syndrome. I cant think of the name of it but most of the emps have DS and everything you donate can be taken off of your taxes.
+1 on Freecycle
+2 on Freecycle. I have given a lot of stuff away thru Freecycle, but never got anything. It is worth a look.
+2 on Freecycle. I have given a lot of stuff away thru Freecycle, but never got anything. It is worth a look. Originally Posted by rcg001
It's weird how GOOD you feel when giving away something that you don't need to someone who really needs what you have.

I've seen it happen in the face of others when they've shared with me and I've felt it plenty of times while giving away things on freecycle.

It's really a unique offering.

Glad others have had similar experiences!