Astros

OMG…what a game! Yordan is the fucking man!!
Hensley and Pena get credit too. Both were clutch in not striking out and getting on base.
Did they set up a video camera to steal the catchers signs?
  • bbkid
  • 10-14-2022, 08:50 AM
Time will tell, of course, but the Alvarez trade may very well become even more lopsided than the Bagwell for Larry Anderson trade.
Go Stros!!
������
Fegen !!!
  • bbkid
  • 10-16-2022, 10:05 AM
Great performance from a pitching staff. Probably one of the best since the Braves - Maddox, Glavine, and Smoltz.

If the offense (how about that Altuve???) doesn't get going, the 'Stros are toast. But, with the Dodgers gone and the Yanks' back against the wall, things look pretty good right now.
Great performance from a pitching staff. Probably one of the best since the Braves - Maddox, Glavine, and Smoltz.

If the offense (how about that Altuve???) doesn't get going, the 'Stros are toast. But, with the Dodgers gone and the Yanks' back against the wall, things look pretty good right now. Originally Posted by bbkid

There is a lot of talk in the internet about firing Dave Roberts of the Dodgers, but I just don't see it like that. They say the Dodgers are better on paper, but they don't play games on paper, they play it on a field. What those people aren't recognizing is that right now the Padres are a hot team, while the Dodgers have been the same most of the year. Anybody that knows any thing about sports would realize that sometimes the hotter team will win when they play a team that isn't so hot. Also, I would never want those days off, but keep playing the same schedule, this worked when I was coach pee wee baseball and football. Every time we had a weekend off, we were never as sharp as if we had been playing a regular schedule.

Yep, Roberts is a quality manager and one worth keeping.
  • bbkid
  • 10-17-2022, 06:41 AM
^^^ very well stated, my friend. Dave Roberts did not lose that series. A lot of factors did, And, as you said, sports are about momentum.
Anyone can manage a team( Dodgers, Yankees) that basically have unlimited funds to stack their team every year. Exceed the salary cap? big deal, just pay the luxury tax.
  • bbkid
  • 10-17-2022, 07:11 PM
This thread is about the Astros, but I'd like to give a shout out to the Mariners' Cal Raleigh. Can you even imagine the physical strength of that guy? He caught ALL 18 innings!!! What a "night at the office".
  • 500sl
  • 10-25-2022, 04:03 AM
Did they set up a video camera to steal the catchers signs? Originally Posted by Fizley
#bangthecans Let’s go Astros
Geben Sie das ganze Geld für die Gehaltsabrechnung aus, nur um gefegt zu werden
: All that money in payroll, just to get swept :
Astros sweeping everybody. Now they’re back in the World Series.

Unfortunately the past two times they’ve lost to the underdogs(Nationals and Braves). This shit can’t happen a third time. They need to win it, and they don’t have to sweep.
I don't see the Phillies rolling over. They've worked to get to The Series. The Astros have done what was expected of them. Yeah, they've swept both series but the hitting has been underwhelming. They are going to have to put some runs on the board against the Phillies. That means that there needs to be some consistency from the top of the order.