true crime story

For folks who have been in Texas a while, you may have found that Texas Monthly magazine does a good true crime story every few issues. The issue that hit my mailbox yesterday has a good one that would be interesting to the community here.

This is true not only for Dallas, but for the region. Most of the action takes place in Austin and in Nashville.

I cruised the new posts (46 pages of them) and saw no mention of this, so here goes...

Our ultimately unfortunate gent has found himself a hot lady in Nashville who is very good at the business model that we analyze here on this fine site. He visits her from Austin, more than once apparently, and things go well, until...

Well, see she has this boyfriend who ultimately messes up a good deal for everybody. Seven or eight pages later into the article, everyone involved ends up either in the pen or dead. Not a happy ending, folks, but interesting reading for our community members.

It is a bit of a tutorial on what not to do around here, but mostly it is bad luck compounded by a few bad add on decisions.

I am curious to see what the folks here think about this, especially those of you who actually get to read the article!

Do not let that "2 posts" fool you. This is the same Zont who has been in and out of things around here for years.