Click. Boom. "Specials" Landmine.

Saw an ad here on the weekend line up. It was titled with "specials" in the ad. Within the ad there was no listing for donation amounts or location. So I send a PM asking, what her specials were and what part to Dallas she was in.

What I received was a "read my ad" response PM.

I thought I did. Went ahead and reread her ad. PM'ed the provider.

She responded back with that if I had read her ad, I would know that she does not offer any specials. Because she is not that kind of provider.

ugh.

No point in naming names. For I have zero desire to throw this provider (or anyone) under the bus. That's not my style. I'd rather not put more negative juju into the universe.

But if you are a provider who does not offer or want to be asked about specials, please do not put "SPECIALS" in the title of your ad

Myself personally, I don't see advertising a Special as a negative. Some of the best providers I've seen here on this board was because of specials. Such as Alyson Jones, Syeira Pink, Smurfdoesdallas, KaceeHazee, and others. All fabulous providers I tried because of a special and might of not without one.
Yeah I see what your saying, sometimes we copy and paste our ads and forget to take something's out. Or the special might be just getting to see her lol
When I offer specials it's only for old friends.
Can we add the "new pics" line when there are not new or any pictures to the WTH ad face palm moments?
How about the special rate listed in the current ad from weeks prior that has "expired".
I get the copy and paste quickie but c'mon...just seems really lazy.
A Bouncing Betty would be "special" plus meet the landmine criteria.

Ohh... bouncing!

I could only hope for a bouncing Betty. Go waist high before popping off.
I wasn't sure whether to use a Landmine analogy or Admiral Ackbar's "it's a trap!" Kind of figure the admiral best saved for a bait n switch alert
I am with you on this one. There is a very pretty young lady on here who I would like
to meet, but her regular rate is a bit more than my hobby budget. She runs ads quite
often about slashed rates 1/2 off or something similar. Pmd her several times with no
response.Bummer.
The girl you were communicating may very well not have been the one who wrote the ad. Could have been an assistant or a "manager", trying to lure in business as the word "Specials" does seem to catch the eye.

I offer specials every 2 or 3 months and like the OP said, I see clients who otherwise may not have booked with me. And if I forget to take it down from my ads and showcase, I always honor it if a clients asks about it, even if it's after the date I put as a cut off. It's only fair. And of course I always put in the ad the special donation rate! That's just common sense. Also since I'm so low volume; if I can't book a client during the special because I already have my 4 for the week, I give him a raincheck.

It's very frustrating to me when a provider doesn't know how to offer excellent customer service! It's usually the younger ones, so I have hope that they will learn as they go along.
This kind of advertising on her part (or her manager) will have the exact opposite effect. Makes you wonder what other things she is coy about...and I think you should post who she is instead of us searching for it. The info is there; you aren't throwing her under the bus. She did it by herself.

...and SD2011, you keep putting up gifs like the "zoo" girl and I won't have to see Providers any more, lol.
Amen ptolongus. Those two would be the doubles for the ages.
The girl you were communicating may very well not have been the one who wrote the ad. Could have been an assistant or a "manager", trying to lure in business as the word "Specials" does seem to catch the eye.

I offer specials every 2 or 3 months and like the OP said, I see clients who otherwise may not have booked with me. And if I forget to take it down from my ads and showcase, I always honor it if a clients asks about it, even if it's after the date I put as a cut off. It's only fair. And of course I always put in the ad the special donation rate! That's just common sense. Also since I'm so low volume; if I can't book a client during the special because I already have my 4 for the week, I give him a raincheck.

It's very frustrating to me when a provider doesn't know how to offer excellent customer service! It's usually the younger ones, so I have hope that they will learn as they go along. Originally Posted by GingerKatt
I agree 100%.

It's all about TCB, and not every provider has mastered it.
Tatiana? All of heard say she is slash rate but it is not true.
She wanted me to sort through her other ads and showcase to find information. Got testy when I asked her directly by PM about her specials.

her ad stated also "any questions, just ask!"

So I did. Got chastised. oh well

If I treated my potential customers base that way, I'd starve.
Some people assume they are God's gift to the human race and shouldn't have to put up with BS even when they are the center of the BS.
Op, don't worry about it. Just move on to the next one. I promise you will find another lovely lady, more than willing to take care of you