Ohhhhh Elizabeth..............

Tulsa OK March 11-13, 2011

Venue?Event: Event V

AT the event: http://www.leatherlibrary.org

The Carter / Johnson Leather Library is a 501(c)(3) organization that consists of a traveling collection of thousands of books, magazines, posters, art, club and event pins, newspapers, event programs and ephemera showing leather, fetish, S/M erotic history. The Library includes:

Rare books dating (instead of dated) as far back as 1701
Flagellation tracts from the 1700’s
A special section of limited editions from European and American publishers dating back to the 1800’s
Classic works of Von Sacher Masoch, De Sade, Trocchi, Rabelais, Boccaccio, and Ellis
More modern writings of F.C. Campbell, Dolcet, Reage, Prescott and Vassi
Serialized books such as Bizarre
Autographed copies from many modern writers and modern educational classics from Nazca Plains Publishing

You will also find:

Original copies of “Bizarre Magazine,” “Erotique,” “Fantastique and Physique Pictorial” from the 1940 and 1950’s
Early editions of “London Life,” magazines of special interest such as the first article on S/M in a major publication
The “Life Magazine” showing the Chuck Arnet mural of leather men The Arrest of Monique Von Cleef
Complete collections of “Black Leather in Color,” “The Leather Journal,” “Dungeon Master,” “Drummer,” “Cuir,” “Body Play” and many other magazines of the last five decades.

I'll bring the cats if you bring the tea and we two old biddies can sit and read all weekend?
Oh gosh ... yes! This collection of information sounds wonderful!!!

But Tulsa? I wonder what type of trouble that we could get into there???

Oh gosh ... yes! This collection of information sounds wonderful!!!

But Tulsa? I wonder what type of trouble that we could get into there???

Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Come on up and let us show you, darlin'

Huck
ROADTRIP!!!

PPE
Nice
Trouble? I can help.....
But Tulsa? I wonder what type of trouble that we could get into there??? Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Whatever trouble we bring with us.

ROADTRIP!!!

PPE Originally Posted by PurplePussyEater
C'mon darlin!
I dare ya.
I double dare ya.
I double dog dare ya!
It sounds quite arty and decadent. Come join us for some perversion on the plains.
Whatever trouble we bring with us.

C'mon darlin!
I dare ya.
I double dare ya.
I double dog dare ya! Originally Posted by babee
How far is Tulsa from Dallas? You could come here for a few days and work ... and then we would have the road trip.

I'm such a dreamer!
It sounds quite arty and decadent. Come join us for some perversion on the plains. Originally Posted by captnzen
"Perversions on the Plains"? Now, THAT statement was poetic!

Hot damn.
How far is Tulsa from Dallas? You could come here for a few days and work ... and then we would have the road trip.

I'm such a dreamer! Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Yes you are.
Tulsa to Dallas or Dallas to Tulsa (remarkably the same distance) is about a 4 hr drive.
We have running water and fences along the street to keep the buffalo from walking out in front of your car. Electricity? About 3-4 hours per day. (Better bring some of that with you.)
About three years ago, I planned a trip to Oklahoma. When that didn't work out, I swore that I would never try to go there again and I have not.

But this has been a fun thread. And I'm always thinking about interesting things to do. At Beyond Vanilla, they had a similar type of library and it was very cool to look at how nakedness is portrayed through different decades and how kink is shown, etc.

Anywho ... just throwing that one out!

Ho ho ho,
Elisabeth
  • 12-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Elisabeth,

Three years is a long time to hold a grudge. I do hope you will consider giving us old "horn-dogs" a second chance. I am certain we can redeem ourselves for our transgressions. You may count on me for a booking if you should choose to visit us again.

About three years ago, I planned a trip to Oklahoma. When that didn't work out, I swore that I would never try to go there again and I have not.

But this has been a fun thread. And I'm always thinking about interesting things to do. At Beyond Vanilla, they had a similar type of library and it was very cool to look at how nakedness is portrayed through different decades and how kink is shown, etc.

Anywho ... just throwing that one out!

Ho ho ho,
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers