Cancelling appointments with notice when life comes up

So today I had to cancel an appointment due to unforeseen family matters with people in town for the holidays. It wasn't expected and I apologized many times. It's ridiculous to get a bad wrap over things not in our control. Just saying. Sometimes things come up.
I've had guys cover my expenses (if there is any) when they have to cancel unexpectedly. Like if I had to pay for a room or I already drove over 30 miles to get to you, etc. I think that's fair. If a guy cancels before I wasted time or money (or gas) then I don't expect anything in return. Shit happens, and if I had to randomly cancel I would make up for it
After doing this for awhile, life will get in the way at times. On both the giving and recieving end. Much of the misunderstanding can be avoided simply by communicating your situation. Give the guy enough notice he can make a "plan b" and everyone walks away happy. Happy-ish at least.
Timely bad news is always received better than no news.
After doing this for awhile, life will get in the way at times. On both the giving and recieving end. Much of the misunderstanding can be avoided simply by communicating your situation. Give the guy enough notice he can make a "plan b" and everyone walks away happy. Happy-ish at least.
Originally Posted by H.Hardhat
I think the person who started this thread is a male and is talking about when a guy buying has to cancel on the lady. Then gets a bad wrap or alert or report that he is a time waster even though they really mean to make good.
Timely bad news is always received better than no news. Originally Posted by TravelingGentleman
So true. The worst possible thing is silence.
..... when a guy buying has to cancel on the lady. Then gets a bad wrap or alert or report that he is a time waster even though they really mean to make good. Originally Posted by Permission2Look
#1: That's why it is called a "hobby" and the guys are "hobbyists"!
#2: I get cancellations in my business and I have to cancel appointments also.*
#3: Girls are going to gossip whether justified or legitimate or neither.
#4: There are too many quality ladies out there to let one ruin your day.

* Our work pays the freight for the hobby. So work comes first.
I've never cancelled on a provider...and I never will...
I think the person who started this thread is a male .... Originally Posted by Permission2Look
You are so right!
Thanks for catching that, but the sentiment is still the same. Shit happens to him and her all the time. I had a fine ass MILF cancel on me, family issues, we set up for the following week and I get called into work. Funny that once was hers and once mine. These thing happen.
The sad part is now she's retiring this month so it may never happen. . .
Thank goodness she's not the only hot MILF in town...
Right?
I've seen many providers who are lenient with the time frame, up until a point. It may be 12 hours, 24 hours, or 48 hours for example. One provider may suggest a token of consideration for the inconvenience she experienced (like a gift card). Whereas another provider may have a cancellation policy and require a fee.

It helps to notify a provider ASAP. I've had a client know he needed to cancel a full day before he actually told me, and when he communicated to me, it was within 12 hours of our appointment. (If I were at home, I would have cared less. But I was deboarding a plane in a city I'm unfamiliar with.)

Note: the time frame is usually not arbitrary. When I'm touring, the time frame I ask to me notified within coincides with the time frame that travel/hotel reservations may be changed or cancelled at little or no cost to me. Hence, if a gent were to cancel with a few days notice, it makes a big difference as opposed to less than a day's notice.

Also regarding providers sharing info about last minute cancellations, the reality is sometimes gents are telling the truth. Sometimes they aren't. Furthermore, some gents make a habit of cancelling last minute. An apology can be thoughtful, but if a provider has to take on financial burden, an apology may not adequately redress the situation.