Interesting read

Very interesting and I applaud Dallas for setting such a program up. Looks like the lady in the story became trapped. The Profession began to rule her life, instead of her ruling The Profession. Glad to see they offered her a way to take a different path.

What happened to her can happen to anyone, in any profession. No matter what you do in this life, once drugs take over, you are on a down hill spiral. I knew a Bank VP in the 80's that got so addicted to his drug of choice, he ended up embezzling close to $200,000 before he got caught.
What a brilliant idea. I would like to see something like this happen for our own homeless streetwalkers. Good for Dallas. I wonder if we can come up with a way to make fortunes for the ladies of the night with a high standard of living too!
Very interesting and I applaud Dallas for setting such a program up. Looks like the lady in the story became trapped. The Profession began to rule her life, instead of her ruling The Profession. Glad to see they offered her a way to take a different path.

What happened to her can happen to anyone, in any profession. No matter what you do in this life, once drugs take over, you are on a down hill spiral. I knew a Bank VP in the 80's that got so addicted to his drug of choice, he ended up embezzling close to $200,000 before he got caught. Originally Posted by Risn2TheOccasion
Agreed. But there are also ladies out there who get addicted to substances BECAUSE they're hooking. There are women who hate doing it so much that they need to be messed up just to get through a session -- and then of course, that means they have to provide more to feed the monkey... it isn't limited to street walkers either. If a bank VP can be an addict, so can your friendly neighborhood HDH.

Glad I actually LIKE this job.
Excellent program as it's common knowledge that repeat offenders do so because of a lack of rehabilitation to show them a different way of living. People develop habits of behaviour like eating when depressed, compulsive spending, and other destructive behaviours, so it's good that they address the psychiatric issues as well. New habits are harder to form confirming the need that ongoing support is crucial to success. Everyone needs a support system - childcare for single parents w/ low income, a friend to run errands for you if you are sick... These women had lost or never had these along the way and I can just imagine the growing feeling of hopelessness they felt as years crawled by. Their shame kept them from going to family & friends most likely.

It shouldn't be so hard to find unconditional love in this world, but w/ no tolerance for others' flaws, many turn away rather than offer to help. I know it's hard to maintain your patience and take time out of your own life or give up your own belongings to help another, but I do it all the time. I've seen some horror stories myself and snapped to this years ago. We all have problems at times, but you just have to be there for each other. If judges w/ a dictum to bring about justice can put aside their past perceptions and try something new, why not you? Baby steps.

Yes, Sophia, it's a good thing to love our jobs. I can't imagine doing anything else these days that allows my people skills to breathe and not be constrained by AHT, average handling time, or other metrics-driven *clock driven? hmmm* focus. We sometimes have an opportunity to truly touch someone *in the most intimate way of all* at this level as we have clientele who appreciate someone who can reason and converse yet still let loose! The ladies on the street have a different experience and I can imagine it would be hard to accept your reality after a while. Very sad...

Thought-provoking as always, SS. Lots more ideas rolling around my brain now that it's deducing & coming to conclusions about opportunities in Austin and how it could affect our community.

Kat
Agreed. But there are also ladies out there who get addicted to substances BECAUSE they're hooking. There are women who hate doing it so much that they need to be messed up just to get through a session -- and then of course, that means they have to provide more to feed the monkey... it isn't limited to street walkers either. If a bank VP can be an addict, so can your friendly neighborhood HDH.

Glad I actually LIKE this job. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
I agree completely. It just seems that the media will always paint all providers has drug addicts that are homeless and trapped with no way out.