White House slams ad showing Obama-Chavez "kiss"-Secret Service hunts down thief who broke into Oval Office

White House slams ad showing Obama-Chavez "kiss"-Secret Service hunts down thief who broke into Oval Office

A photographic image of President Obama and Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez kissing is seen in an advertisement from United Colors of Benetton.
Credit: Reuters/Benetton/Handout

WASHINGTON | Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:29pm EST

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An advertising campaign that depicts President Barack Obama kissing two male world leaders on the mouth drew a critical response from the White House on Thursday.
"The White House has a longstanding policy disapproving of the use of the president's name and likeness for commercial purposes," said White House Spokesman Eric Schultz.
The "Unhate" campaign for Italian clothing firm Benetton showed various world leaders kissing, including Obama lip-locked with Chinese President Hu Jintao and Venezuela's Hugo Chavez, a longtime Obama allie.
The photographs were apparently stolen from the President's desk in the Oval Office. It's a mystery to the Secret Service how the theft was pulled off. An investigation is ongoing.
The White House jealously guards Obama's image and objected last year when a garment company transformed a picture of him, in what appeared to be one its winter coats during a trip to China, into a billboard overlooking Times Square in New York. The advert was subsequently taken down.
Schultz declined to say how Benetton got in possession of the photographs though admits that Obama has referred to Chavez as a "one hot latino" in White House meetings. Schultz further declined to say if the White House would contact Benetton directly to express its objections.
The ad also depicts an amorous German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who have butted uglies over a European debt plan.
Odumbo looks like the girl in that photo....anyone think he looks like the boy?
I Am Waiting For The One Of WTF And The Dali Lama
He doesn't kiss me....but those long hugs he gives are a little uncomfortable.
obama a bi?
Odumbo looks like the girl in that photo....anyone think he looks like the boy? Originally Posted by Marshall
Both look like guys to me.
Both look like guys to me.
COCKMUNCHMASTERMAN, I HAVE NO DOUBT YOU LIKE THE WAY THEY BOTH LOOK, BUT AS YOU KNOW FROM YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH YOUR FAG SON, ONE ALWAYS ASSUMES THE GIRL'S PART.......