priceline(name your price)

Does the big deal guarantee on priceline actually work ?
Has anyone ever taken advantage of this deal locally or touring ?
How was the experience?
Yeah, priceline has worked great for me in the past.
If you have or can get a credit card that offers you reward points for hotels or airmiles, that's even better. They offer you better discounts and you can earn free nights. Annual fee is 100 bucks but you'll save a lot. It's worth it if you can get one.
I don't use nyp anymore LOL. That thing is bad luck lol.
I rather use expedia's blind buying. It's much better. Name your price will put you in shitty hotels on purpose.
thanks for the advice now I have a choice between the two.
Booking.com isn't bad either.
Hotwire is pretty good too. It will typically have a 10-25% higher rate than priceline's lowest bid price.

Biddingtraveler.com makes priceline bidding more user friendly.

If you want to stay from opaque hotel websites, try hotelscombined.com. It searches all the different sites.
I love hotwire & priceline...it will work out good if you use betterbidding.com for tips

I also like bookit.com
Priceline is okay depending on the city, the bigger the better.

I use Travelocity alot.
I use them all it just depends where I'm going. Hotwire has stuck me in couple run down hotels. Bigger cities with more Hotels help a bunch. I use betterbidding.com to make sure I'm not buying a shit hole.
Priceline Name Your Own Price has worked for me. I've saved close to 50% on 4 star hotels.
Hotwire Express. Hands down, no holds barred The Best. Express is their values customer "club" thing. I qualified in under 2 weeks for it.

Travelocity can KMA. When I was in Omaha, I couldn't book thru site so I called. Told the "coserv" what I wanted she misbooked me then travelocity would not make it right....grrr.

Scrambled my dates a couple of times (so far) this tour. Once with Expedia in South Dakota: "So sorry. Nothing we can do."

Hotwire: I misbooked Bismarck & Billings MT - both times one day early. Express credited my account "Hotwire bucks" then immediately rebooked me using the bucks.

Booking is pretty good as well - it's a priceline site. You'll pull more Marriott out of pline than anything else. Pline charges more fees than the other sites. Occasionally pline will email 10 pline bucks to use on bid your own.

Expedia has a member deal where you earn one point for every dollar spent. Thats pretty good.

Hotels has the stay 10 get one free.

BEST:

Jetsetter
Gilt
Snique Away
Living Social Escapes/Groupon Expedia Combo
Traveled a lot for Business! Priceline was invaluable!