Happy Mediums

How do you know, or how do you avoid crossing invisible boundaries with an ATF? I mean, one of the benefits in having one is that you can go a little further with them than you can someone you've only seen once, or rarely. You enjoy their company a lot, can text every now and then, and share more than you should sometimes..you may even care about them on a personal level,. what are common mistakes that cross boundaries in these types of "friendships"?

Some I've seen
buying expensive gifts
asking for loans or favors
using the L word
texting everyday
making just to see you stops
going BB.. yes I said it
jealous remarks

Please, if you know of any others please add or comment on the ones I already listed.
  • R.M.
  • 08-20-2010, 03:31 AM

Needy clingy party of one
Saying 'I've really come to depend on you'
Boundaries should not be invisible. If they are then eventually they will get crossed. If you are around the right kind of person then if a boundary gets crossed and you bring it up them they will respect them and even appreciate knowing what it is. If they are not the right kind of person then you shouldn't continue to get closer. Communication is key.
If you think of it as anything more than a business transaction.... you have already crossed the line...
If you think of it as anything more than a business transaction.... you have already crossed the line... Originally Posted by ThatManFromTexas
sage words I guess..but then again you guys are always whining about "I don't want this to feel like just a business transaction", or "I don't wanna be just another john", and this list goes on and on. This thread is dedicated to someone near and dear to my heart; don't get offended babe, just wanted some outside feedback. Perhaps its true when they say familiarity breeds contempt.
As I have explained to virtually every provider I have ever met (and many hobbyists, too):

"I have a personal life and I have a professional/hobby life.

"There's a distinct line between the two.

"As long as you respect that, we will get along just fine."
Hey got dammit, I'm "just another John"

daphne, seriously now....all joking aside....hard-core for real....straight-up and all bullshit aside....

...when should I expect the stalking to begin?

I don't stalk.. those types of bitches cause situations.. agreed you would deserve it, but why punish ya?
I want a stalker... Any ladies iterested lol
I you are asking questions about crossing the line with an ATF then I would say you have already crossed it.
What ever happened to a kind thank you, then a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek, then walking out of the door, back into the real world, and separating yourself until the next time?

Is this concept obsolete?
What ever happened to a kind thank you, then a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek, then walking out of the door, back into the real world, and separating yourself until the next time?

Is this concept obsolete? Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Not for me.
Actually, my ATF is still at home, I just have to have some variety and debauchery to satisfy my wild side.
Is this concept obsolete? Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Nope.
sage words I guess..but then again you guys are always whining about "I don't want this to feel like just a business transaction", or "I don't wanna be just another john", and this list goes on and on. This thread is dedicated to someone near and dear to my heart; don't get offended babe, just wanted some outside feedback. Perhaps its true when they say familiarity breeds contempt. Originally Posted by luxury daphne
1. We don't want it to feel like a business transaction.
2. It is a business transaction.
3. #1 is fantasy , #2 is reality, never confuse the two.
4.Providers who can make the business transaction feel like the fantasy have a long list of loyal customers.