NY state legislators push to decriminalize prostitution

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0LKmq...a4&pd=50938971

I was kind of surprised to see this in my newsfeed this morning.
would be good.
would be good. Originally Posted by bigdickdaddydom
It’ll be nothing but a money grab. NY is so fucking broke that it’s making that which was highly frowned upon a few years ago, legal just to collect a buck.
It shouldn't be illegal in the first place, kudos to NY for
Making that first step.
as smokers like me get fewer, a need to add something to the sin tax list
A heavy smoker or an alcoholic is unlikely to reduce consumption because of a price rise, making sin taxes an unreliable way of reducing consumption or improving public health. Sin taxes hit moderate and heavy users alike. ... Taxes on cigarettes and alcohol are regressive and hit the poor hardest.May 15, 2012
It’ll be nothing but a money grab. NY is so fucking broke that it’s making that which was highly frowned upon a few years ago, legal just to collect a buck. Originally Posted by mad469s
The only reason that it will go through and be decriminalized is because it's one more revenue stream for NY and NY is all about taxing the life out of everything. It will be good for the industry regardless though with less legal repercussion and risk to worry about.
So, think about how the state will make money off this.....

Ladies need expensive state licenses, where all their information becomes public?

Legal only for. State-operated locations where everyone has to show i.d. To get in and the state keeps track of who visits so they can collect their money?

Don’t hold your breath on this being a positive thing.
Client No .9 not a fan of Andy Cuomo
Irondequoit is looking LOL
It will be like Canada where it's a grey area.
for your entertainment during this time

I posted this previously in another thread, but it looks like I need to re-post it here.

The bill being considered does not legalize prostitution. It decriminalizes it. The difference is that if decriminalized the woman will not have a criminal record that she has to report if she goes for a job in the real world. Prostitution would still be illegal and us Johns will still pay the price of getting caught in a sting or otherwise. The intended point is to give women the opportunity to get out of this business if they want to and have a chance of getting hired by a business.
I posted this previously in another thread, but it looks like I need to re-post it here.

The bill being considered does not legalize prostitution. It decriminalizes it. The difference is that if decriminalized the woman will not have a criminal record that she has to report if she goes for a job in the real world. Prostitution would still be illegal and us Johns will still pay the price of getting caught in a sting or otherwise. The intended point is to give women the opportunity to get out of this business if they want to and have a chance of getting hired by a business. Originally Posted by Old Wood
it will never happen unless the NY

gets his cut

The bill being considered does not legalize prostitution. It decriminalizes it. The difference is that if decriminalized the woman will not have a criminal record that she has to report if she goes for a job in the real world. Prostitution would still be illegal and us Johns will still pay the price of getting caught in a sting or otherwise. The intended point is to give women the opportunity to get out of this business if they want to and have a chance of getting hired by a business. Originally Posted by Old Wood
That is my understanding as well. It would be more like the equivalent of a traffic ticket rather than a criminal offense.