A question for the Moderators mainly....

This question is mainly directed to the Moderators, but I would like the H & J Nation's thoughts & feelings also...

Why isn't there a Banned Forum?

It doesn't have to allow for commentary, like the provider ads section, just a post from the Mods such and such person was Banned for such and such behavior and the Ban will be for 'this' amount of time.

My opinion, but I feel if there were such a forum it would protect the integrity and deter some inappropriate behavior on this board.
Narcissistic attention sluts like me would get banned on purpose just so we could read about ourselves
and feel wronged.
  • L.A.
  • 12-31-2013, 08:32 AM
I agree this is a good idea. Since many bans are temporary I would like to know who I'm dealing with in 30 days. Was it multiple accounts, fake reviews, an outing, just too many points for minor infractions?
They used to have a "Banned Camp" thread on ASPD. Basically just a thread stating who, why and how long. I thought it was a good idea. That way you could see if someone got banned for serious shit that could be construed as dangerous or was just stirring the pot and needed a reminder that it's a privilege not a right.
Sorry, no idea. That's above my pay grade and you could make a suggestion to the Powers to Be.

This being said, can you imagine the hassle, documentation, e-mails, appeals that comes with setting up an additional forum like this? Mods have more than enough just dealing with approvals, assignments, reported threads, and high school drama that publicizing "administrative hearings" would open Pandora's Box on endless inquiries, back-and-forth appeals, and so-forth.

Luckily, my jurisdiction is over tumbleweeds.
Sorry, no idea. That's above my pay grade and you could make a suggestion to the Powers to Be.

This being said, can you imagine the hassle, documentation, e-mails, appeals that comes with setting up an additional forum like this? Mods have more than enough just dealing with approvals, assignments, reported threads, and high school drama that publicizing "administrative hearings" would open Pandora's Box on endless inquiries, back-and-forth appeals, and so-forth.

Luckily, my jurisdiction is over tumbleweeds. Originally Posted by omakase
I'm sure there are some offended tumbleweeds out there! lol

Hang in there... 2014 will provide a whole new crop of drama episodes!

While we're on the subject of Lists, how about a BBQ List? No less than 10 guys would have to vouch for her. Or...she could just add herself to it.

This list would immediately be followed by a STD List. No less than 10 people would be thrilled to verify your name. Or...you could just add your name.

I think it's time for some transparency around here.
They used to have a "Banned Camp" thread on ASPD. Basically just a thread stating who, why and how long. I thought it was a good idea. That way you could see if someone got banned for serious shit that could be construed as dangerous or was just stirring the pot and needed a reminder that it's a privilege not a right. Originally Posted by Hercules
I liked how ASPD handled this. Simple, straightforward, and likely reduced the drama associated with people speculating as to why someone was banned. I've long wished ECCIE would adopt this strategy.
I liked how ASPD handled this. Simple, straightforward, and likely reduced the drama associated with people speculating as to why someone was banned. I've long wished ECCIE would adopt this strategy. Originally Posted by TinMan
+1. I still can't figure out why NHR is still active. It's been proven that he is the same person as a permanently banned member yet he's back posting everywhere a month later.