I declare myself to be...

...no longer a newbie!

6 OKs. 7 reviews. Set a pretty good pace, too:

Membership: Basic Plus 6
Active For: 0 Years 1 Months 3 Days

I need to slow down now before I break the bank, though! More than it's already been broken, I mean. It's definitely been fun breaking it.

Does anyone challenge this declaration?

(Sorry for the shameless brag. Not normally my style - but I was proud of my accomplishment!)
Sit down there newb. And stop pulling your own chain. Your a newb until you have more posts, reviews and ok's than I have.
Sit down there newb. And stop pulling your own chain. Your a newb until you have more posts, reviews and ok's than I have. Originally Posted by St. Searcher
ha ha...somehow I knew you'd be along shortly, Searcher!
Simply put..you are not a newb when you dont come to the board to declare YOURSELF not a newb

Like a fresh young girl who just realized she can get horny old men to give her money to play...your pace speaks more of your excitement of being in this new world and less about your experience..haha.. keep in mind that far more hobbyist DONT review than do..thus seeing 7 girls in your time here is like buying a new wardrobe you spend alot in the front end then dont need anything until a few months and considering you said the dreaded words "I gotta slow down"..for sure still a newb..newb is less about talking about your experiences in a short time and more about gaining experience over a long time..like that young girl I mentioned earlier u might just be a flash in the pan none the less hobby safe, dont take this board to seriously, it should be more about exchanging info and less about being part of who you are
Simply put..you are not a newb when you dont come to the board to declare YOURSELF not a newb Originally Posted by BBWDeAnna
Uh oh - since I've already done that, by this criterion I will always be a newb! Of course I will always be one by St. Searcher's criteria as well. Drat! Still a newb...
We will decide when you are no longer a newbie, pilgrim. Lmao! Congrats on a big start.
SpankyJ,

The point here is that. Everyone is a newb to someone else. Because you can always learn something from someone. Just participation is not the key to shedding the newbie tag. It comes with time, experience and the wisdom gained from others.

It often shows in posts, the way reviews are written. And many other things. Just like in my RL job. There are things I have learned from experience, and from the experience of others. That just can not be achieved from simply learning my way around the "this is how it's done" script.

There are things that need to given, things that are earned. You may be well on your way, your just not there yet.

If you want to continue this in pm. that's fine. But it will have to be on a "as I have time to reply" basis.

Hell we might both learn something.
Points taken, Searcher.

I was really more referring to the fact that I've escaped the newbie catch-22 (need references for providers to see me / can't see providers without references) relatively quickly.

In no way do I think that makes me a seasoned monger / forum member and I didn't mean for it to come across that way. And anyway, if I'm still a newb by that definition in a year, two, three, six, whatever - that's fine by me. I'm here for the journey, not the destination.

Y'all take me a little more seriously than I take myself. But it's all good. I'm just glad to be here!
Like a fresh young girl who just realized she can get horny old men to give her money to play...your pace speaks more of your excitement of being in this new world and less about your experience..haha.. Originally Posted by BBWDeAnna
Yeah. Wait until the novelty wears off (or the bank account is depleted and you're forced to go without for a while to build up a bankroll again).

I'm of the attitude that "noob is as noob does"... there are people all over the 'net who are newbies for years, and there are some who are blessed with clue very early in the game and act like seasoned veterans after a few weeks.

Cheers,

bcg