Swimmin' Holes in Arkansas

I've been searching out swimming holes in Arkansas. There are a few listed on the website below that look great, but most are a little too far away. I was wondering if anyone might want to share info on good swimming holes that are more local? Waterfalls optional, but appreciated! I'm in the LR/Hot Springs area.

http://www.arkansas.com/things-to-do/waterfalls/
My two favs are Grinder's Ferry Falls and Haw Creek Falls. But, both are north of you, and worth the drive. I have never found anything other that a trickle and a wide spot in a creek, anywhere around HS.

Also, I have a pool and could hold the hose over you! ; )
The cold water makes some things shrivel up and some things shine like headlights.

There is a waterfall at the Winding Staircase.

56.3 miles from Hot Springs

http://www.hikercentral.com/campgrounds/101077.html
Where exactly are these places? I'm not from Arkansas, so I need specific directions on any holes that you're sending me to
The infamous Home Alone Hobby House has a pool
Haw Creek Falls - From Russellville (on I-40 about 70 miles northwest of Little Rock) take RT 7 north (through Dover and past the Long Pool Area swimming place) about 65 miles total on RT 7 to Pelsor (also known as Sand Gap). In Pelsor, take RT 123 southwest through Dillen toward the Haw Creek Falls Recreation Area, then:

[N83/W84] lat=35.6772, lon=-93.2554 if you GeoTrack

Grinders Ferry Falls - From I-40 in Conway (32 miles West of LR) take AR65N to the Buffalo River Bridge. Take the first left, Grinders Ferry signs lead the way. The Falls is a short hike on the only trail further up stream.
I am so sorry Ginger...My Banjo is still in the shop. But i gots plenty of Whiskey. hehehehe
I am so sorry Ginger...My Banjo is still in the shop. But i gots plenty of Whiskey. hehehehe Originally Posted by Pamelatoo
Private joke, guys...don't try to analyze it. He he
The infamous Home Alone Hobby House has a pool Originally Posted by arklookn4lovn
You know, I might be convinced to give up my dreams of the perfect Arkansas waterfall-swimmin' hole & settle for your man-made backyard paradise...if you could supply plenty of Pinot Griggio & convince Sadie to join us & give me a nice backrub. I've been soooo stressed out.
The infamous Home Alone Hobby House has a pool Originally Posted by arklookn4lovn
You know, I might be convinced to give up my dreams of the perfect Arkansas waterfall-swimmin' hole & settle for your man-made backyard paradise...if you could supply plenty of Pinot Griggio & convince Sadie to join us & give me a nice backrub. I've been soooo stressed out. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
BB, if you make that happen, you better goddamn well post a review!

Cheers,

bcg
BB, if you make that happen, you better goddamn well post a review! Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Not sure of the dates the Summer Time Opening will be yet, but if that were to occur, I can assure you there would be one hell of a review!
I am so sorry Ginger...My Banjo is still in the shop. But i gots plenty of Whiskey. hehehehe Originally Posted by Pamelatoo
Private joke, guys...don't try to analyze it. He he Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
It may be a private joke, but the image of lots of back door action, complete with squealing and bouncing tits is going through my mind. I'm going for more coffee and a cold shower . . .
Not sure of the dates the Summer Time Opening will be yet, but if that were to occur, I can assure you there would be one hell of a review! Originally Posted by arklookn4lovn
I will keep my fingers crossed and wait with bated breath.

Cheers,

bcg
  • Syn
  • 06-08-2010, 08:29 AM
There is a great waterfall and swimming hole at petit jean mountain its a hike to the fall but well worth it not secluded though it has an overlook to the falls very relaxing great place. Its up by Russellville If you want directions pm me and I will send them to you. I love the place would like to take dirty pics in the falls but not sure I could get away with it since families visit there.