Heat Wave

Is this dreadfull heat disrupting any aspects your life? Daily activities? Personal activities?

If so, how do you deal day to day?

I cannot stand this heat. I fear even stepping out, lol. ugh
Makes me think twice about spending a hot time with the provider of my choice.
Yes. Getting a new 5-ton a/c unit for the house. Hotter than hot a work, but still have to go. Have to pay my utilities and Uncle Sam
LAVixian, fortunately today we had a nice break from the heat and some rain.
Here's what I've been doing....taking a cup of ice water with me...getting the hotel room early to turn the air on....stand with the cold air running up my skirt as I suck on the ice left in my cup... When the gentleman arrives, I suggest a quick wash off!
Among other things, I own an organic farm.

There has been an extended drought. My wells are dry and my crops need water.
My wells are dry . Originally Posted by Laurentius
Here that girls? If L calls, his wells are dry.
Here that girls? If L calls, his wells are dry. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
(*chuckle*) I knew I shoulda used another phrase for that!
  • Bliss
  • 08-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Whenever I start to feel grumpy about the heat.......i remember how much i HATE when it's cold. HATE HATE HATE the cold weather.

I'm an Arizona girl so i'm conditioned to tolerate the heat. It doesn't bother me much.
  • Mokoa
  • 08-05-2010, 10:42 PM
For me it is much easier to keep warm in the Winter than it is to keep cool in the Summer here in south Texas. During August down here I long for the snow I remember when I lived up north.
Whenever I start to feel grumpy about the heat.......i remember how much i HATE when it's cold. HATE HATE HATE the cold weather.

I'm an Arizona girl so i'm conditioned to tolerate the heat. It doesn't bother me much. Originally Posted by Bliss
Yeah, but in these parts it's certainly not a dry heat . . .

I totally agree about the cold, tho . . .
I hate the heat...but it beats cold!

I used to live in Arizona and hated summer/loved winter
I can live with heat. Cold weather on the other hand is horrible. So I don't complain.
They do have cold weather, I'm told, in Paris.
  • Mokoa
  • 08-06-2010, 03:32 PM
There has been cold weather down here where I live as well. A few years back, we had almost 30 days in a row during Winter where the temperature did not get above freezing. There were a lot of busted pipes during all that.