Piano Bars ?

Love a good piano bar........there use to be a good one at SWC Walnut Hill and Greenville (name escape me, began with a B).....

Does the Mansion have a piano bar ?

Any recommendations?
There's a piano bar off of Collins and 30 here in Arlington, I've gone by myself a few times and enjoyed it...however Sherlock's is next door so the crowd often spills over to there.

I'd love to go with ya if you have free time...first one on me!
The Library Room in The Melrose on Oak Lawn used to have an elegant piano bar. As far as I know, it still does.

Was the one on Walnut Hill The Enclave? Where all of the doctors used to go
Thanks Honey Rose! Will keep in mind!
The Library; good recommendation. Thanks HoneyRose.

The Enclave was a very secluded hangout on Walnut Hill in one of the office suites across from Presbyterian Hospital. Dark with banquettes and food service with dance floor and live music...old school for the older set. I think it is gone. And yes it was a hangout for doctors and nurses; as well as a rendezvous place for those having affairs.

The place I was thinking of was Gershwin's (light bulb went on). Not far from the Enclave.

The Library Room in The Melrose on Oak Lawn used to have an elegant piano bar. As far as I know, it still does.

Was the one on Walnut Hill The Enclave? Where all of the doctors used to go Originally Posted by HoneyRose
Someone reminded me that St. Martin's on Lower Greenville has a nice bar/piano scene nightly.

http://www.stmartinswinebistro.com/#!/splash
Sounds like a good plan ED....I'am in.....

There's a piano bar off of Collins and 30 here in Arlington, I've gone by myself a few times and enjoyed it...however Sherlock's is next door so the crowd often spills over to there.

I'd love to go with ya if you have free time...first one on me! Originally Posted by Eva Damita
Piano bars can be a great time. Tip the musician well if you like what he does so he will continue to keep the thing going.
The cigar room at chamberlains. Love it there.
Thanks Smokin....good rec....

The cigar room at chamberlains. Love it there. Originally Posted by Smokin
There use to be Petes piano bar in Dallas. I believe its in Mockingbird station. That place was fun.
What kind of place are you looking for? Saloon style with beers, comedians and the occasional piano duel? Or more jazzy with a laid back and bluesy feel? Maybe even just unobtrusive classical in the background?

Pete's dueling piano bar in Plano is type 1.
The balcony club in Lakewood is a less bluesy type 2.
And I know you're aware of it, but Dakota's has live piano every weekend and is more of the third type.
Petes was mentioned above. Great place though again
The Pete's I was thinking of is in Addison on Beltline just West of the tollway(looked it up and it's not Plano after all). Not sure if that is the one you meant or not. It's a long way from Mockingbird station.

They have a lot of fun there. Saw a busty piano duelist do a glissando with her boobs one night.

Was the one on Walnut Hill The Enclave? Where all of the doctors used to go Originally Posted by HoneyRose
For almost a year, Norah Jones played at the piano bar at the Melrose. What a time, what a place, what a singer. I'd catch her about once a month. What I wouldn't give to go back and hear that again. And yes, it was that obvious that she had that much more talent than that average gal in a piano bar.