refresher for US Congress

The Founding Fathers were wise enough to create 3 branches of government to separate power.....the Supreme Court, the executive, and the legislative. The purpose was to check and balance absolute power. You are the legislative branch.

That means even if the president is of your own party, you do not have to genuflect and kiss his ass. Please note this Mr. Cruz, Mr. Hawley.....and how many others.
Cruz And Hawley are true Patriots!
Cruz And Hawley are true Patriots! Originally Posted by winn dixie
to answer the question, there are no others. winn nailed it.
Patriot:
a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors

If you do live in Austin, have a talk with Ken below.
Ted Cruz knew there was no voter fraud
Ted Cruz seems to think that wearing a U.S. flag lapel pin and holding his hand over his heart while "The Star Spangled Banner" plays makes him a patriot. These practices are among the least important factors that define what it means to be a patriot.
Things like upholding and defending our Constitution are much more important characteristics of a true patriot. Attempting to subvert our electoral processes, and overturn a fair and free election, is seditious.
Sen. Cruz knows full well that there was no substantial voter fraud in the November general election. But since his loyalty belongs only to our narcissist-in-chief, Ted’s going along with Trump’s baseless and unsubstantiated claims of a rigged election. Apparently it hasn’t occurred to Sen. Cruz that speaking the truth and doing the right thing takes precedence over appeasing a wannabe despot. It’s shameful, and yes, it’s traitorous.
Ken Moore, Austin
Patriot:
a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors Originally Posted by VitaMan

So what name would you give to all those Democrats, who in 2005 and 2017, went to the House floor and objected to certifying some electors that were voting for the Republican electors?

You're aware of that fact right? Democrats at the time called them patriots. Now when Republicans do what Democrats did twice prior to the last election, they should be compared to terrorist and put on a no fly list?

Surprise me because I'm betting you won't answer this question either out of fear or ignorance.

And just in case you missed my post on this matter, I'll post it again so you can't plead ignorance. This is what CNN reported. Consider this your "refresher".

https://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS...ral.vote.1718/

Democrats challenge Ohio electoral votes

Move delays official certification of presidential election

Thursday, January 6, 2005

Alleging widespread "irregularities" on Election Day, a group of Democrats in Congress objected Thursday to the counting of Ohio's 20 electoral votes, delaying the official certification of the 2004 presidential election results.

The move was not designed to overturn the re-election of President Bush, said Ohio Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones and California Sen. Barbara Boxer, who filed the objection.
The objecting Democrats, most of whom are House members, said they wanted to draw attention to the need for aggressive election reform in the wake of what they said were widespread voter problems.

In a letter to congressional leaders Wednesday, members of the group said they would take the action because a new report by Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee found "numerous, serious election irregularities," particularly in Ohio, that led to "a significant disenfranchisement of voters."

"How can we possibly tell millions of Americans who registered to vote, who came to the polls in record numbers, particularly our young people ... to simply get over it and move on?" Tubbs Jones told reporters.

The House of Representatives and Senate met Thursday afternoon in a constitutionally mandated session to count the electoral votes. Vice President Dick Cheney, in his role as president of the Senate, presided over the session.
The results from each state, read in alphabetical order, were ticked through quickly until Ohio was called, and a clerk read the letter of objection from Boxer and Tubbs Jones.

Substitute Penn. and Arizona here just in case this isn't getting through to you.

Cheney then ordered the lawmakers back to their respective chambers for two hours of debate on the merits of the challenge.

It is only the second such challenge since the current rules for counting electoral votes were established in 1877. The last was in 1969 and it concerned a so-called "faithless elector," according to congressional researchers.

Four years ago, after the disputed election results in Florida, members of the Congressional Black Caucus attempted to block Florida's electoral votes from being counted.

Oh My, I guess it isn't just White people that try to over turn elections by objecting to certifying duly elected electors.

In a scene recalled in Michael Moore's movie "Fahrenheit 9/11," lawmaker after lawmaker was gaveled down by Vice President Al Gore because no senator would support the objections, as the law requires.

House Democrats involved in this year's protest worked for weeks to enlist the support of a senator in their party, and Boxer agreed to join the effort Wednesday.

"This is my opening shot to be able to focus the light of truth on these terrible problems in the electoral system," Boxer told a press conference.

Under under the heading of "you just can't make this shit up", we find out this week the the Congresswoman from California, Barbra Boxer, was a registered agent for a Communist Chinese surveillance company. I guess we'll never know how long Ms. Boxer had close ties to the CCP.

"While we have men and women dying to bring democracy abroad, we've got to make it the best it can be here at home, and that's why I'm doing this."

Says the Congresswoman working with the most ant-Democratic regime in the world. Some irony, huh?

If one member of each body of Congress objects, congressional rules require that lawmakers return to their chambers to vote on the merits.
A simple majority vote in each chamber would overturn the challenge -- something that should be easily achieved in the GOP-controlled Congress.

Republicans dismissed the effort as a stunt, noting that specific allegations of voting problems in Ohio have been investigated by journalists and, the Republicans said, found to be untrue.

So while Republicans called it a stunt, Democrats now call it insurrection.

"But apparently, some Democrats only want to gripe about counts, recounts, and recounts of recounts," said Rep. Deborah Pryce, an Ohio Republican.

Yes, I see and acknowledge the hypocrisy. Do you?

"So eager are they to abandon their job as public servants, they have cast themselves in the role of Michael Moore, concocting wild conspiracy theories to distract the American public."

White House press secretary Scott McClellan dismissed the challenge as "partisan politics."

Is there really any other kind of politics in this day and age? Regrettably not.

"The election is behind us," he said. "The American people now expect their leaders in Washington to focus on the big priorities facing this country."
Sen. John Kerry, the Democratic nominee for president, released a letter Wednesday saying he would not take part in the protest.

"Our legal teams on the ground have found no evidence that would change the outcome of the election," Kerry said.

I'll give credit were credit is due here to Kerry. It's to bad after 50 court cases and a decision by the SC against Trump, that Trump did have the courage to admit, the election was over.

Bush carried Ohio by more than 118,000 votes -- the Buckeye State win providing the margin of victory in the Electoral College race. The president received 286 to Kerry's 252 electoral votes.

"There are very troubling questions that have not yet been answered by Ohio election officials," the senator from Massachusetts said.

Gee, that sounds familiar, huh?

"In the coming months I will present a national proposal to ensure transparency and accountability in our voting process."

EXACTLY what Cruz and Hawley had in mind. Cruz and Hawley knew they couldn't change the election. Their sole purpose was to highlight the need, in their opinion, for election reform.

And that as Paul Harvey use to say, "is the rest of the story". A story I'm pretty damn sure few Americans remember, I sure didn't.

So, who on the left wants to comment on this, anybody? No? Because you are fucking hypocrites? Or you just did know but now you do!

If you bothered to read this and I won't hold my breathe for a substantive, intelligent, reply.

Surprise me!
You just missed the whole point of this thread.

It is about Cruz and Hawley's actions. It is not about Mars, Saturn, or any other thing you can think of. So many on this political forum ignore the thread topic when they are unable to respond to it properly.

Did you happen to notice the staff resignations ?
Former Cruz staffers have spoken out against him following the violence at the Capitol
You just missed the whole point of this thread.

It is about Cruz and Hawley's actions. It is not about Mars, Saturn, or any other thing you can think of. So many on this political forum ignore the thread topic when they are unable to respond to it properly.

Did you happen to notice the staff resignations ?
Former Cruz staffers have spoken out against him following the violence at the Capitol
Originally Posted by VitaMan
Publicity stunt for self promotion
The left are the ones trying to change things. By virtue of that, they're the seditionists.
There no reason to impeached Trump, heal american and move on.
In all other elections the loser had long before conceded and wasn't using every avenue to discredit a fair election.

All other Presidential race losers just conceded, were disappointed, but went on with their lives. Maybe wrote a book about their experiences, gave speeches, etc.

Trump is desperate to win, he knows he is fucked if he doesn't. I bet, if given a gun, Trump would kill himself before Jan 20. He had to win to let the statute of limitations run out on most of the crimes he obviously did. There is no other reason for him to be this desperate.

Al Gore vs Bush was a very close electoral race and Gore won the popular vote. Bush won Florida by like 500 votes. Most likely Gore would have won if the Court would have allowed around 60000 rejected ballots be recounted. This was a case of 1 state that would have flipped the election.

Electoral objections are nothing new and before 2020 99% of Americans probably didn't even know anything about it. It was never a televised event.

So what name would you give to all those Democrats, who in 2005 and 2017, went to the House floor and objected to certifying some electors that were voting for the Republican electors?

You're aware of that fact right? Democrats at the time called them patriots. Now when Republicans do what Democrats did twice prior to the last election, they should be compared to terrorist and put on a no fly list?

Surprise me because I'm betting you won't answer this question either out of fear or ignorance.

And just in case you missed my post on this matter, I'll post it again so you can't plead ignorance. This is what CNN reported. Consider this your "refresher".

https://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS...ral.vote.1718/

Democrats challenge Ohio electoral votes

Move delays official certification of presidential election

Thursday, January 6, 2005

Alleging widespread "irregularities" on Election Day, a group of Democrats in Congress objected Thursday to the counting of Ohio's 20 electoral votes, delaying the official certification of the 2004 presidential election results.

The move was not designed to overturn the re-election of President Bush, said Ohio Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones and California Sen. Barbara Boxer, who filed the objection.
The objecting Democrats, most of whom are House members, said they wanted to draw attention to the need for aggressive election reform in the wake of what they said were widespread voter problems.

In a letter to congressional leaders Wednesday, members of the group said they would take the action because a new report by Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee found "numerous, serious election irregularities," particularly in Ohio, that led to "a significant disenfranchisement of voters."

"How can we possibly tell millions of Americans who registered to vote, who came to the polls in record numbers, particularly our young people ... to simply get over it and move on?" Tubbs Jones told reporters.

The House of Representatives and Senate met Thursday afternoon in a constitutionally mandated session to count the electoral votes. Vice President Dick Cheney, in his role as president of the Senate, presided over the session.
The results from each state, read in alphabetical order, were ticked through quickly until Ohio was called, and a clerk read the letter of objection from Boxer and Tubbs Jones.

Substitute Penn. and Arizona here just in case this isn't getting through to you.

Cheney then ordered the lawmakers back to their respective chambers for two hours of debate on the merits of the challenge.

It is only the second such challenge since the current rules for counting electoral votes were established in 1877. The last was in 1969 and it concerned a so-called "faithless elector," according to congressional researchers.

Four years ago, after the disputed election results in Florida, members of the Congressional Black Caucus attempted to block Florida's electoral votes from being counted.

Oh My, I guess it isn't just White people that try to over turn elections by objecting to certifying duly elected electors.

In a scene recalled in Michael Moore's movie "Fahrenheit 9/11," lawmaker after lawmaker was gaveled down by Vice President Al Gore because no senator would support the objections, as the law requires.

House Democrats involved in this year's protest worked for weeks to enlist the support of a senator in their party, and Boxer agreed to join the effort Wednesday.

"This is my opening shot to be able to focus the light of truth on these terrible problems in the electoral system," Boxer told a press conference.

Under under the heading of "you just can't make this shit up", we find out this week the the Congresswoman from California, Barbra Boxer, was a registered agent for a Communist Chinese surveillance company. I guess we'll never know how long Ms. Boxer had close ties to the CCP.

"While we have men and women dying to bring democracy abroad, we've got to make it the best it can be here at home, and that's why I'm doing this."

Says the Congresswoman working with the most ant-Democratic regime in the world. Some irony, huh?

If one member of each body of Congress objects, congressional rules require that lawmakers return to their chambers to vote on the merits.
A simple majority vote in each chamber would overturn the challenge -- something that should be easily achieved in the GOP-controlled Congress.

Republicans dismissed the effort as a stunt, noting that specific allegations of voting problems in Ohio have been investigated by journalists and, the Republicans said, found to be untrue.

So while Republicans called it a stunt, Democrats now call it insurrection.

"But apparently, some Democrats only want to gripe about counts, recounts, and recounts of recounts," said Rep. Deborah Pryce, an Ohio Republican.

Yes, I see and acknowledge the hypocrisy. Do you?

"So eager are they to abandon their job as public servants, they have cast themselves in the role of Michael Moore, concocting wild conspiracy theories to distract the American public."

White House press secretary Scott McClellan dismissed the challenge as "partisan politics."

Is there really any other kind of politics in this day and age? Regrettably not.

"The election is behind us," he said. "The American people now expect their leaders in Washington to focus on the big priorities facing this country."
Sen. John Kerry, the Democratic nominee for president, released a letter Wednesday saying he would not take part in the protest.

"Our legal teams on the ground have found no evidence that would change the outcome of the election," Kerry said.

I'll give credit were credit is due here to Kerry. It's to bad after 50 court cases and a decision by the SC against Trump, that Trump did have the courage to admit, the election was over.

Bush carried Ohio by more than 118,000 votes -- the Buckeye State win providing the margin of victory in the Electoral College race. The president received 286 to Kerry's 252 electoral votes.

"There are very troubling questions that have not yet been answered by Ohio election officials," the senator from Massachusetts said.

Gee, that sounds familiar, huh?

"In the coming months I will present a national proposal to ensure transparency and accountability in our voting process."

EXACTLY what Cruz and Hawley had in mind. Cruz and Hawley knew they couldn't change the election. Their sole purpose was to highlight the need, in their opinion, for election reform.

And that as Paul Harvey use to say, "is the rest of the story". A story I'm pretty damn sure few Americans remember, I sure didn't.

So, who on the left wants to comment on this, anybody? No? Because you are fucking hypocrites? Or you just did know but now you do!

If you bothered to read this and I won't hold my breathe for a substantive, intelligent, reply.

Surprise me!
Originally Posted by HedonistForever
HF knows better. He gets stuck in the Whataboutism. Sometimes ya gotta ignore when he goes down that path.

In other news. I heard somewhere Trump got IMPEACHED for a second time and is sitting around whining. Anyone hear about that. Anyone know what he could have possibly done to get IMPEACHED again.

Also heard that Hawley and Cruz are like persona non grata up on the hill. Anyone know anything about that. I wonder what they did.
fuck congress