I'm thinking of moving to Houston..Where is the best area to live and work

I am really thinking about moving to Houston, I travel down there much more now, that I think I would just like to move their permanently. What are some good areas to move too and work from, best schools also.

Please give my any advice you can!

Thanks
SweetUpscaleTreat
Sent you a pm.
Not knowing what your budget is...here are some great areas. But they can be pricey...I don't know about the schools but I'm sure some providers with kids could help.

Riveroaks
Tanglewood
Galleria
West U
Memorial
Heights
Midtown
West Grey

610 West loop is a good area. Close to a lot of great restaurants, bars, shopping etc..

Good luck with your move...
This thread may be useful, even in a setting up home base capacity....

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=167105
Thanks for the much needed info!
The Fort Bend County area has great schools and is a nice commute to The Galleria area with lots of in-call options.
Fort Bend Isd is really good! Also, Katy Isd. Great places to live if you want to be away from the crowd. Work? Houston westchase district is great. You just have to know where to go in different areas...
  • TRIN
  • 09-20-2014, 11:07 PM
If you decide to live inside the Loop, West U has best school for young kids K-6th grade. If you want to be a bit west, the Memorial villages have good public schools up to High School.
Maybe make sure you are inside the City Limits....so you can vote against whichever liberal mayoral candidate you dislike the most.
Cy Fair baby. Great schools and it's quiet out here. I rarely hobby over here but it's a short skip over to town. Good luck on your move.
Aww we'll miss ya...for me I did well near Richmond. ...yet business was all over Houston. I also enjoyed the Museum District, as it was accessible to every store, and a city median. Test the entire Houston area first, and you'll surely determine your New home.

Good luck!
If you want to live in the suburbs, then all of the advice already posted is spot on. However, if you want to live closer in...

If you can find a rental in the 77024 zip code, you will be in the best area, with the best available public schools in the best available school district K-12 (SBISD). Most of 77055 is zoned similarly, but double check that it's zoned to schools South of I-10. There are not many apartments or condos in this area and even fewer that are reasonably priced, but it's worth it if you can find one. Older complexes are still safe and clean, just not new and fancy.

It's convenient to both the Galleria and Memorial City/City Centre.

A cheaper, but similar option is most of 77079, also SBISD but farther west and zoned to Stratford Hogh School. Many town homes etc there, but you need to be careful of some sketchy pockets.

If you have younger kids (K-8) and are ok with possibly moving before high school, there are some affordable options in 77057 north of westheimer, but again, you need to be careful about a few sketchy pockets closer to westheimer.

Feel free to PM me if you're interested in the Galleria/Tanglewood/Memorial areas.

Good luck!
Cypress or galleria area. Anywhere in cypress fair is a great place to live. However if youre looking for upscale living in the down town or central area check out the parklane condos. Beautiful. Good luck with your move babe!
I just added on to my cardboard kitty condo out behind Vic and Anthony's so I have a spare room.
We could be roomies but be aware I don't fuck for free. A six pack of Miller lite and big bag of pork skins is my regular donation.
Rent will only cost you a fifth of JWB per week.
I should be getting a refrigerator box sometime this week so you'll have room for the kids. Don't worry about schools. I'll teach them everything they need to know.