Knights, Dames, Knaves, and Jokers

England has one good tradition as I see it. They honor certain people who achieve greatly in their field with a knighthood (non hereditary). Many politicians, artists, actors, and scholars are rewarded above and beyond.

So the question is this; who among the ACTING community in the United States do you think deserves to be knighted (if we did that thing). This has to be based on their entire life's work and not one movie/TV show. They should have brought credit to their profession and the country.

On the other side some people ruin themselves so spectacularly that I will make them a Knave. They have caused damage to the industry, brought embarassment to the country, and are generally an asshole.

Finally, there is the Joker. A actor/actress who has embarassed just themselves and ruined their own career without hurting others.

A couple of obvious choices;

Sir John Wayne
Sir Gary Cooper
Dame Meryl Streep

Knave Charlie Sheen

Joker Lindsey Lohan
Sir Robin Williams
Many politicians, artists, actors, and scholars are rewarded above and beyond. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
...by the robber barons.
Jane Fonda, for services to teenage boys everywhere.
Didn't Mick Jagger and Keith Richards get this award from the Brits? Because they didn't want to hold your hand, like the Beatles. They wanted to burn down your town.
Sir Clint Eastwood
Sir Woody Allen
Sir Larry David
Sir Paul McCartney
joker assup
Only Americans, no Brits... Okay, I let you include Canadians but remember Nicole Kidman and Mel Gibson were born it the US and moved to OZ.

and say what they have been awarded knighthood, knave, or joker
Sir Steve Spielberg
Sir Stephen King
Sir Steven Jobs (posthumous)
Sir William Gates
Sir Martin Luthor King, Jr.
Lady Tina Turner
Sir John Williams
Sir John Williams Originally Posted by YummyMarie
Oh yeah good stuff there.

Sir John Phillip Sousa
Sir Aaron Copland