IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family*

Wait a second. Wasn't this the Affordable Health Care Act? Affordable for who?

From the article:

This is for the “bronze” plan.

Tell me who other than the insurances companies and pharmaceutical companies benefit from Obamacare? The poorest Americans were covered under Medicaid. Most other people were covered under their employers. The self employed could buy fairly good plans for far less than $20,000 per yer per family.

The key issue seems to be those with pre-existing conditions, which is a big problem, especially for those who suffer with the conditions. But did we need to hand over 1/6 of the economy to the IRS to address this very valid issue?

(From CNSnews.com)

“Example 3. Family without minimum essential coverage.

“(i) In 2016, Taxpayers H and J are married and file a joint return. H and J have three children: K, age 21, L, age 15, and M, age 10. No member of the family has minimum essential coverage for any month in 2016. H and J’s household income is $120,000. H and J’s applicable filing threshold is $24,000. The annual national average bronze plan premium for a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is $20,000.

“(ii) For each month in 2016, under paragraphs (b)(2)(ii) and (b)(2)(iii) of this section, the applicable dollar amount is $2,780 (($695 x 3 adults) + (($695/2) x 2 children)). Under paragraph (b)(2)(i) of this section, the flat dollar amount is $2,085 (the lesser of $2,780 and $2,085 ($695 x 3)). Under paragraph (b)(3) of this section, the excess income amount is $2,400 (($120,000 – $24,000) x 0.025). Therefore, under paragraph (b)(1) of this section, the monthly penalty amount is $200 (the greater of $173.75 ($2,085/12) or $200 ($2,400/12)).

This is a nightmare.

*The $20,000 number is controversial and some argue that the number was picked at random merely for illustration purposes. An editorial in IBD.com, (a publication we respect) puts the cost of a “bronze plan” at only $13,000. So we can breathe easy. That’s totally reasonable.

For more, click here: http://www.againstcronycapitalism.or...00-per-family/
  • Old-T
  • 06-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Wait a second. Wasn't this the Affordable Health Care Act? Affordable for who?

From the article:

The key issue seems to be those with pre-existing conditions, which is a big problem, especially for those who suffer with the conditions. But did we need to hand over 1/6 of the economy to the IRS to address this very valid issue?
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
The real problem is that neither side wants to address the pre-existing conditions issue without seeing it first and foremost in terms of "how will this win me votes?" Neither side wants to do the hard work to find a solution with both fiscal reality AND compassion.

The LWWs are heavy on the compassion but miss the fiscal reality, and the RWWs are all about fiscal reality (so they say) but have no compassion.

Until both parties kick out the wackos in their own midsts and understand that governance is about the common good--not 49% or 51% of it--we will make no progress.
The real problem is that neither side wants to address the pre-existing conditions issue without seeing it first and foremost in terms of "how will this win me votes?" Neither side wants to do the hard work to find a solution with both fiscal reality AND compassion.

The LWWs are heavy on the compassion but miss the fiscal reality, and the RWWs are all about fiscal reality (so they say) but have no compassion.

Until both parties kick out the wackos in their own midsts and understand that governance is about the common good--not 49% or 51% of it--we will make no progress. Originally Posted by Old-T
And also, neither Party seems to be willing to tackle the biggest issue, that being the cost of health care.

4 years ago, one of my key men's wife was treated for Breast Cancer. They treated her for approx. 18 months, and she died. She was in her mid 40's.

The total bill, which about 80 percent was covered by our Health Insurance, was over $320,000.

He did his own study on the matter, and figured how much time she actually spent at a medical facility being attended to by a trained person. Figuring 30 percent of the cost was drugs, the billing rate came to over $2000 an hour.

This did not include the final two weeks of her life that was spent a Hospice.
Shut the fuck up about medical insurance and hand your money over to them.

They know what is good for you.
  • CJ7
  • 06-05-2013, 10:23 AM
nothing to see here

this post is from the same anti government website that COF found his PORTLAND DOCTOR thread ...apparently he has millions of them that rail against anything and everything that's not libertarian
Yeh, that $20,000 does sound pretty steep.

My guess is when all the dust finally settles, most Americans will be paying somewhere around $5000 to $6000 per year for individual coverage.
  • CJ7
  • 06-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Yeh, that $20,000 does sound pretty steep.

My guess is when all the dust finally settles, most Americans will be paying somewhere around $5000 to $6000 per year for individual coverage. Originally Posted by Jackie S

I was disappointed the figure was so low.. $50k sounds mobetta
That's all that needs to be said about the topic of this thread.....

.....I'm sure there was actual information in the footnote.

OH YEAH! The sentence after the * is very enlightening. Unfortunately it is also meaningless....like gritsboy.
The Obama plan all along has been to make it so damn expensive for households that people want a single payer nationalized system.
The Obama plan all along has been to make it so damn expensive for households that people want a single payer nationalized system. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Where did that one, lone manifestation of a functional, rational brain cell come from?
Here is Obama saying so.............idiot.

• CJ7
  • 06-05-2013, 03:26 PM
The Obama plan all along has been to make it so damn expensive for households that people want a single payer nationalized system. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
poor whirlie

self insured, I was paying close to 5K$ a year a decade ago
poor whirlie

self insured, I was paying close to 5K$ a year a decade ago Originally Posted by CJ7
CJ7, wtf's up with that? There you go again, cluttering up the vacuum with facts. All that does is inhibit the natural order of things in Teawipeadelphia.
  • CJ7
  • 06-05-2013, 04:55 PM
CJ7, wtf's up with that? There you go again, cluttering up the vacuum with facts. All that does is inhibit the natural order of things in Teawipeadelphia. Originally Posted by Randy4Candy

snick

http://www.nationaljournal.com/healt...eport-20111117

fucking Obamacare !!!