How do you prefer cancelations to be handled on the day of?

A recent thread about a NCNS got me thinking. Some of you guys have an SO or GF and cant always check hobby phones. For those who dont have a hobby phone a call to your personal number could mean trouble if your SO or GF is around when a provider calls.

So if a lady has an emergency or can not keep the appointment for whatever reason on the day of the appointment how do you guys prefer they contact you to let you know?

Ladies how do you go about contacting a gent on the day of an appointment if you come across an emergency or whatever and cant make it to the appointment?

I guess this question is mainly goes out for the married guys and providers but everyone please feel free to chime in, especially the ladies. As usual your inputs are appreciated!
A simple text would be fine. No muss, no fuss.
If a guy can't provide a contact number, he shouldn't bitch about nc/ns. Get a hobby phone.
If a guy can't provide a contact number, he shouldn't bitch about nc/ns. Get a hobby phone. Originally Posted by blowpop
True but we all know thats not the case. They usually leave that fact out when they post the NCNS.
ANY attempt by the cancelling party should work; text; VM, PM, email. However they initially contacted / communicated with each other to make the appointment, that is a fine way to send the message.

AND if a guy doesn't check his ...whatever before the appointment, then he will figure it out when he calls to confirm as he is heading that way.

Good thread mojojo....sometimes you surprise me
My favorite method of being cancelled is to receive two freebies for the inconvenience...
I know how I dont like to get them ... 2 hours and 13 minutes after the appointment was suppose to have taken place.

I get an e-mail today at 3:43pm from a client who was suppose to be at my place at 1:30pm stating that "he wont be able to make our 1:30 appointment". REALLY?

Then he has the nerve to say ... "I'll contact you again so we can set it up for another day!" Yeah - I dont think so - Jerk!

I feel better now!
yea, I LOVE getting a call 30 min AFTER the appointment time to have a girl say, I am running a little late....ya think?

Then find out she will be home in 30 min, clean up then 1hr to get to my place.

I mean thanks for the heads up; but if you know it takes 1.5 hours to clean up and make the appointment; then WHY did you call 2 hours before when you KNEW you weren't going to make it on time?

Again, a call after the appointment is better then no call......but not by much.
I know how I dont like to get them ... 2 hours and 13 minutes after the appointment was suppose to have taken place.

I get an e-mail today at 3:43pm from a client who was suppose to be at my place at 1:30pm stating that "he wont be able to make our 1:30 appointment". REALLY?

Then he has the nerve to say ... "I'll contact you again so we can set it up for another day!" Yeah - I dont think so - Jerk!

I feel better now! Originally Posted by Brooke Wild
Great... now you tell me you had an opening ...
Great... now you tell me you had an opening ... Originally Posted by ThatManFromTexas
I always have an opening for you ... better yet 3
My favorite method of being cancelled is to receive two freebies for the inconvenience... Originally Posted by ThatManFromTexas
You cancel a lot? How many ladies have taken you up on the freebies, you man slut?
You cancel a lot? How many ladies have taken you up on the freebies, you man slut? Originally Posted by pyramider
Dyslexic?

I get cancelled on a lot... especially if they have never seen me before...
The very few times I have had to cancel, I have given as much notice as possible like at least a day. So far, I have only been reschedules twice and it was by a provider I see regularly. I totally understand that things happen.

I own a business and appreciate it when a client lets me know they are running late or not going to show so I can move a job up the schedule. I feel it is only right to do the same with a provider. At the end of the day, the hobby is a business for providers with more benefits to the hobbyist that health care and a 401k.
Blowpop nailed it. Get a hobby-phone. That's the best and easiest way to handle any kind of issue; last-minute or otherwise. You can always check your messages, e-mail, pvt. msgs, en route. No big deal.

(and if you're working from your personal number that is "SO accessible", you're dangerously close to shitting the bed. STOP THIS PRACTICE IMMEDIATELY and get a hobby phone!)

If she has to cancel, for whatever reason, then it's on her to exhaust every method at her disposal to notify me; call my hobby-phone, leave a message if no answer, text-msg, e-mail, or pvt. message. All I ask is that they at least make the attempt/put forth the effort to let me know. I don't need to know why it's canceled, just that it is. That's all.

I make sure to inform them of the above and believe-it-or-not, it works surprisingly well.

I had a provider the other day confirm our appt. 30 minutes prior to the appt. I arrived a few minutes early and texted her. This is how we were making contact. She did not respond. I texted her at the appt. time and still no response. I texted her at least 7 times in 15 minutes, all after the appt. time. She never reurned the text. I then called her and still no contact. I then left. She called me about 10 minutes later. She stated that her previous appt. ran over time. She wanted me to come back. The one good thing about this situation is that she did apologize. Most girls do not.